Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organized Randomness

So I started this post earlier this morning only to realize that it was becoming a hodge podge of a bunch of different things.  Seems like I have so much to talk about today.  I guess I'll just do the best I can to keep things as organized as I can...

--Yesterday was one busy day.  It felt like I was on the go the entire day from start to finish!  My day started out with the girls and I going out first thing in the morning to take care of a few have-to's.  Before I knew it, it was lunchtime.  Not too long after that, my Mom came over to help me during the girls' naptime so that I could go to my doctor's appointment.

--My doctor's appointment went well!  I'm currently 24 weeks and I measured 25 centimeters so I was pretty much on target.  I was also shocked to learn that I only gained four pounds over the last five weeks, which is a miracle in all honesty!  That puts my total weight gain this pregnancy at 11 pounds.  We also discussed the results of my thyroid labs and the Nurse Practitioner said that my levels were pretty much normal.  They're still waiting to receive the rest of my test results back, but she said that she's pretty sure that I won't have to increase my thyroid medication dosage and that was awesome news!  I left the office with only one concern, which is the fact that Baby Girl is breech.  She was breach at my last ultrasound five weeks ago and still is.  In all honesty, I fear having a c-section, but I'm just trying not to worry about it too much.  Afterall, I still have another 16 weeks to go in the pregnancy.  A lot can happen during that time!

--When I got back from my appointment, it was already time for the girls to wake up.  I sat them down to feed them snack and I had one unhappy camper out of two. 


(And yes...Audrey is drinking out of the "Alyssa." cup!)

--After snack, I stayed at the table to do some bills, and the girls went to play in the living room nearby.  Alyssa loves to get ahold of my camera when I'm not looking, so I thought I'd throw this picture in for fun today.  You can see Audrey on the side and here are the two babies she sleeps with every night.  I was laughing when I found this picture on my camera, because I know it was totally Alyssa's doing to pose the babies on the end table just so she could take their picture!



--While I was doing my bills, Audrey decided to take one of Alyssa's markers and color herself with brown marker.  I was shocked to see her come up to me covered head to toe in brown!  I was so mad and went immediately to clean her up and never got a picture of her.  The more I think about it, I was really mad at myself for not watching her to see what she was doing, but my time to do bills was taken up by going to the doctor's office.  Guess I just need to learn to stop being so uptight.  After all, it was just marker!

--Later on after dinner, I got a call from one of my crochet classmates.  Her name is Mary and she was another one of the ladies I really loved seeing at class.  Anyhow...she called and asked me if I had heard "the news."  I immediately thought of my teacher, Marilyn, who I had mentioned on here the other day was going to be having breast cancer surgery.  Turns out my teacher is doing well despite the fact that they found that the cancer had spread to the nodes.  She will need chemo but in the meantime, she is doing as good as could be expected.  Turns out "the news" Mary was calling about was to tell me that one of our other classmates had passed away suddenly last week.  Her name was Gloria and she was only 61.  Turns out, she had a brain tumor she never knew about that took her without any warning.  I was so sad to hear the news and immediately I flashed back to just a few weeks ago when I had seen Gloria at our class Christmas party.  So many thoughts crossed my mind last night and I got to thinking about how unpredicatable life really is.

Well, those are just a few tidbits from my day yesterday.  I know this was a long post, but one of the things I've commited to this year is journaling all the things I don't want to forget.  Life already goes too fast and I want to be able to look back later and remember all the things that made up my life, even if it takes me while to write it all out.

Today I am thankful for the gift of life.  If you think about it, we really aren't promised another day.

P.S.  Just wanted to mention that I posted the winner of the soup prize pack this morning on my other blog.  You can go HERE to check that out.  Also...stay tuned because I have another little giveaway coming soon!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I think your goal for your blog is a great one. I have found myself not writing stuff lately, because it seems I have been writing for an audience. I need to get back to writing as a journal on my blog, because I love looking back and reading the funny things the girls did, etc. I am so sorry to hear about your classmate. We really just don't ever know when our time will be, do we. I'm glad you got a chance to see her and that your teacher's cancer fight is going well.

Yay for your appt going well too! I bet baby girl will turn around before it's time. :)

The girls have those same water bottles with their names on them. I love the picture Alyssa took....so funny!

I enjoyed reading this post. I like to just hear about your day :)

Stephanie said...

I just wanted to send hugs your way today!!!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I think everyones child has written on themselves before. LOL Too funny. So sorry to hear about your classmate. That is very sad. I to am just thankful for life and breath each day.

Linda said...

Oh My Veronica...you sure had quite a day yesterday...bless your heart!

I am sorry about your friend. Since I am almost 60, I would say that her dying at 61 was young. What a shock that must have been for everyone. I am glad you got to see her just before Christmas at your club party.

Yes, everyday is a gift...and we need to love life and appreciate it everyday!

Did Audrey draw on anything besides herself? At least you could give her a bath,... and it wasn't worse...like her eating markers or something that would make her sick.

But I do remember the frustrations of trying to get things done when toddlers are busy getting into things. (:>)

Glad your appointment went well. You are doing great weight wise!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and that you feel good and can enjoy it everyday as your baby girl grows, and moves, and kicks inside of you. I always loved being pregnant. It is such a miracle. (:>) (All these years later I can still remember the joy of feeling life within me)!

Well, this is all for now my girl. Just take one day...and one thing at a time.

Love you,
mama Linda

Holly said...

It's good to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy! Audrey was not a happy camper at all it seems!! The marker sounds like something Kyndra would do. She colored all over her hands the other day. The world is their canvas!!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. How very unexpected! It is definitely a reminder that life can change in an instant.

{:miss v:} said...

I'm glad your appointment went well and your labs turned out normal! I know how it feels to have a good OB appointment!

Your girls are so funny! I wish you had gotten a picture of miss Audrey all marked up! You guys could have gotten a lot of laughs out of it for years to come!

Hope your Tuesday is a little less hectic!

Maryellen said...

I can't believe what a great photo Alyssa took. She is quite the little photographer. It is so clear and centered.

So glad things are going well with new baby.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, how sad! Yea for healthy thyroid levels! Hopefully the unnamed baby girl will turn around!!

christy rose said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. We do need to remember to live every day as if it is a gift from the Lord because it is!

I am glad to hear that your ob appt went well. I would not worry about your baby being breach yet. My last baby Jacob was breach, not breach, breach, not breach, breach, not breach all the way through my pregnancy. One week before his due date, I went in for an appt and a sono and, of course, he was breach. I was scheduled to see the doctor after my sono and by the time I got into see her, he had turned. He stayed that way until I was induced a few days later. But they checked again before they induced my labor.
My fourth baby Amanda was not breach at all until the day before I was induced and a sono right before they gave me pitocin showed her breach. And the doctor gave me the option of a c-section or let her try to turn her herself. She did it. She, with her bare hands or fists, turned her from the outside of my belly. It is the weirdest thing ever! But she put a monitor on her head and started pitocin and a few hours later she arrived beautifully. Two breach babies and no c-sections at all. yay!! :) I bet your baby girl turns too.