Sunday, January 3, 2010

24 weeks and some me time!

I've been enjoying my long holiday weekend and I hope you have too!  Today I was able to get out for some "me time" while the girls were napping  and while my Hubby was actually home to watch them.  Before I left, I got my Hubby to take my picture since it's been a couple of weeks since my last pregnancy picture.




On Saturday, I turned 24 weeks and it's becoming clearer that I'm not just a girl with a chubby front side.  My belly seems to be getting bigger by the day and at the end of every day, my lower back hurts so bad.  I'm nervous to see how much weight I've gained since my last appointment, but it is what it is.  I've decided that when the weather starts warming up, like it was today (so pretty outside) I will have to go back to my daily walks with the girls.  I am notorious for starting exercise programs that I cannot be consistent about following, so my goal will be just to start out simple and get out at least a couple of times a week.  I know that the exercise will definitely help when it comes time to deliver this little girl.

Here I am being a total nerd and taking a picture of myself as I got ready to head out.  You can tell I was pretty excited to get out today!



I was telling my Hubby that I actually couldn't remember the last time I had gotten out to spend some me time.  Most of the time, when I need to get out and do things without the girls, I just wait until bedtime and then my Hubby watches the girls.  I'm usually in a rush to get back home since it's already late in the day and my Hubby has this thing about me not being out late when I'm pregnant. :)

Anyhow...today was just a nice day of taking my time and checking out my local craft store as well as Michael's.  I was on the hunt for some 2010 calenders since we're already a few days into the month and I had only one 2010 calender in the house, which was actually one given to me from our sweet realtor that gives us a new one every year!  I managed to find a few that I liked at Michael's and they were only $1.00 each, which I thought was totally cool!  I ended my trip out with a visit to Jamba Juice for a yummy smoothie and then to Panera, which is only a few doors down, so I could grab some even yummier Cinnamon Crunch bagels for me and the family!

Well, that was my fun little outing for the day.  Not super eventful, but it was still a great day!  Tomorrow will be my doctor's appointment to check up on the baby and see how everything else is going.  At my appointment, I'll also be finding out where my thryroid levels are since it's been a while since we checked to see where I'm at.  I'm thinking that I may need my medication upped just a bit, since that's what happened when I was pregnant with Audrey.

Guess I'd better get going for now.  My Hubby just infomed me that the meat he's BBQing is just about done, so now it's my turn to get to working on side dishes for dinner.  What a great way to end the weekend with some yummy BBQ!

P.S.  I just wanted to mention like I did in my previous post that I have a new Review/Giveaway blog.  I have my first giveaway up and it ends on Tuesday morning.  Be sure to check it out and even if you don't want to enter in, be sure to let me know what you think about my new blog design.  Julie, once again, did an amazing job!  Click HERE to check it out!

15 comments:

Julie said...

You look fabulous lady! :) Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! Glad you got some "me" time! I'm totally jealous. But with all the snow we keep getting, I'm planning on hibernating until spring. It just won't stop snowing! Have I mentioned that I HATE snow?!? :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I love the new blog!! You are such a fantastic reviewer, too - very thorough and informative. Can't wait to see what else you get to do!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute new blog. How exciting to get to review products. I love that you got to get away for a day...moms need those moments.
Awesome deal on the calendar too.

Amy said...

I am so glad you got to get out and have some you time. It is always such a nice little break...at least I think so :)

I will head over and check out your review blog.
Blessings,
Amy

Steph said...

You are such a cute pregnant woman!! I love it, it makes me miss being pregnant!! I love your new blog design!!

Oh I was going to tell you, I didn't have a chance to travel to California while I was queen, but I did room with Miss Rodeo California and she was an absolute sweet heart!! Oh and we are planning a trip to San Diego I think next year.

Jenilee said...

you look great!! happy 24 weeks! and I think the pic of you in the car is pretty cute too :) so glad you got our for some me time!

Unknown said...

Yea for you time! We all need some alone time! You look fabulous!! I don't have a 2010 calendar at all, I really need to get one!

Kristin said...

You're making me hungry with all this talk about BBQ and soup and bagels. Ha! I love the new blog design. It's really neat! Glad you got to have a "me" day! I wish we had a Panera nearby.

I hope you have a great appt. tomorrow. I love your belly picture! Beautiful!!!! :)

{:miss v:} said...

I love me time! I'm so glad you had fun!

I actually got to go out on Friday night to Target and snoop around for a bit. I even went with no makeup and my hair all cruddy! haha!

Have a good dr.'s appt. tomorrow and have a great week!

Stephanie said...

Oh what fun! I'm looking forward to my own semi-me time this weekend for Cupcake '10. (I'm taking A with me, of course.) I'm so excited! What a cute baby belly!

amanda said...

yay for me time. i love the belly picture. i can't wait to have one. :0)

i'm off to check out your new blog. let me know if you'd like to do a wildtree giveaway!! i'd be more than happy to give you something to review and giveaway!

christy rose said...

You look stunning!!!! I love the belly picture too! I am glad you got to have some "me" time. It is so important!

Stephanie said...

I love the bump!!!!! You're looking awesome!

Kari said...

I think your day sounded wonderful. I can't tell you the last time I had a 'me' day where I wasn't rushed to get back home!

You look beautiful - even in your self portrait shot (so not nerdy, but common among us bloggers ;o)

Holly said...

You are your baby belly are so cute!!