Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Good Day

Well, the last few days have been super busy around here gearing up for Thanksgiving.  It's our turn to host Thanksgiving this year, so the last few days have been all about preparing and getting my house all ready for company.  Although it will be a small gathering with just my sisters, their husbands and my mom, I still wanted to make sure I had everything ready.

With a lot of help from my awesome niece Roxann, yesterday I was able to get my house looking beautiful again and I think I'm just about ready for tomorrow!  I am so excited to get to spend time with our family, relax and make some fun memories for our girls. 

Earlier today, my sister Yvonne helped me out and watched the girls so I could visit with my best friend from high school who's in town this week for the holiday.  I had a fun time catching up with her and I was so excited to see her sweet little boy, Noah.  I wasn't able to get any pictures from our visit, but it was so great to be able to visit for a couple of hours!

For dinner tonight, my Hubby and I took the girls out to Roadhouse Grill.  The girls did so well and we had a really good time!  While we were there, I got to thinking about how blessed I really am.  For some reason, my life always seems like a big race to get from one thing to the next, but tonight I just sat there and took it all in.



I am so blessed to be mommy to these two girls!  I just love them so much!!!


Well, I guess I'd better get to bed.  We're getting together around noon tomorrow and I have to be up bright and early to get the ham in the oven.  Lord knows my Hubby will have a heart attack if he doesn't get his ham!

Hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving tomorrow! 

8 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you and your family have a wonderful day and enjoy each others company.

I'm making four dishes and three are already set and ready to go! I'm excited to dig in!

He & Me + 3 said...

You are so cute and sweet. Your daughters are so adorable too. Have a great thanksgiving.

Stephanie said...

OH yes have to have that ham :)

Hope you guys have a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

amanda said...

happy thanksgiving friend!!

so thankful to have met you!!

Kristin said...

We don't want Fern to have a heart attack, that's for sure! I think my girls' favorite part of Thanksgiving is Grandma's ham! Yummy! I hope you have a great day today with your family and your sweet girls. Give them a big hug from me and tell everyone Hello from the crazy girl in Texas that you've never met. Ha! Love ya!

Linda said...

Happy Ham Day Fernando! (:>)

Veronica, I hope you will enjoy your family, the food and the California weather! (:>)

We have so much to be thankful for don't we?

We are truly blessed!!!

Love, Linda

Anna Gray said...

Hope your 'hubby' enjoyed his ham! LOL! Ham is sooo much better than turkey....turkey is kind of....dry and doesn't have nearly as much flavor.

Happy Thanksgiving too! I hope that you and your fam have had a great day! :0)

Julie said...

Hope Thanksgiving went well! Love all the pics!