Just a quick reminder that today is the last day to enter into my my giveaway for the Kari Jobe CD. If you didn't get a chance to enter in, you can go here to do that. I just know that whoever wins the giveaway is going to be blessed in a big way!
So today I have to keep it short, but I just had to share something really quick. I initially wasn't sure if I should share this or not, but I feel like it's something I should.
This morning a while after I woke up, I went to the bathroom, and noticed that I was spotting a little brown. I will be honest and say that it kinda freaked me out. I've never had this happen with any of my other pregancies so I was a bit worried. I decided to call my doctor's office and they told me that spotting brown is nothing too serious to be worried about. The gal said that if the discharge was bright red, that's when I should be really concerned.
After hanging up the phone with the gal from the doctor's office, I just tried to rest and not let it worry me too much. I prayed and asked the Lord to give me peace and help me not to be anxious. I have faith but sometimes it's so easy to let worry take over. Pregnancy, to me, is truly the ultimate test of faith.
I ended up relaxing most of the morning and then fixed the girls their lunch. Since the spotting only seemed to be a one time thing, I decided that we should go for our daily walk, which by the way is already making a huge difference in the way I feel, even after just a week. We just got home a little bit ago and after I put the girls down for their nap, I went straight to the computer to check my emails before getting started on some hats.
I noticed I had gotten an email from the church we'd been attending. It's been a while since we've been there, but they apparently still have us on the mailing list. Anyhow...the email was an update sent out to the church body about the youth pastor, Jeff and his wife Cindy who just recently found that that their baby, who the wife is about 20 weeks pregnant with, has some serious conditions with his heart. They went on to say that the conditions will require multiple surgeries for baby Isaac, when he is born.
What really struck me as amazing was the faith that the youth pastor and his wife expressed. They ended the email with this scripture that really touched me to the core...
Romans 8:26-28 (The Message)
Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
Today I am reminded of how much the Lord loves us. He knows everything about us and knows the plans he has for us. Although things that may come along to test our faith, He remains faithful to us and promised us that He would never leave us or forsake us. Today...I'm holding on to that promise.
13 comments:
What a beautiful promise! Praying for peace throughout your pregnancy. I totally understand how easy it is to get freaked out...but when I do, I just thank God for the little one growing inside me and ask Him to keep him healthy and safe. I know that no matter what, He is in control...I learned SO much about trusting in Him when V was so sick as a newborn. I had to put everything in His hands, because there truly was nothing else I could do except trust that He would heal her. Sometimes His healing is different than what we expect too, so we just need to remember that He knows what He's doing...and His plans are always better and bigger than ours.
Beautiful post today, Veronica. Thank you for sharing your pastor's story and his message of encouragement with us.
I hope that your bleeding stops and indicates nothing at all. You will hear over and over - many woman DO spot throughout their WHOLE pregnancy - so I will not tell you that :)
Thinking of you!
Oh Veronica, what a good post to make us all remember to trust God with everything! There have been so many times in my life when i couldn't even get the words out to pray,...but my groaning heart still felt connected to God.
Try not to fear sweetie. Just keep trusting God,...who loves you, and who is always in control!
I think what your pastor said was beautiful and so encouraging. I am glad those verses were there for you today!
Love, Linda
That was a beautiful post. God is so wonderful to us. I'm keeping you in my prayers and believing that everything will be just fine. Love you!
That was a beautiful post. God is so wonderful to us. I'm keeping you in my prayers and believing that everything will be just fine. Love you!
Oh wow. What a day!! I was reading a blog of a couple trying to conceive and having problems the other day and it really struck me how miraculous conception and birth is - and how you really just have to trust your body and lean on God to keep you strong and calm. Amazing.
See, I believe it so much, I just had to post it twice! LOL! Sorry....crazy new laptop :0
I am so glad you are ok, and I love this posting! Thank you for posting it!!! You always seem to post exactly what I need to hear when I need it most :)
Love you!
Veronica Praying for Isaac and our peanuts. I know since I found out that I was pregnant I've been scared to death. My mom spotted with me and a cousin spotted with both pregnancies. I've found it to be true that every pregnancy is different (although some can be the same). Since we're almost in the second trimester we are nearing the point where we can take a sigh of relief. I will be praying for baby Isaac.
Hugs to you and Audrey and Alyssa!
Amen! How true! Thanks for sharing this!
I love how the Message puts that verse. Praying for them and also praying for you!!
That is a great message. You will continue to be in my prayers! Love you!
My sister had the spotting issue, too, in her first trimester. Freaked us all out. It's scary! But I'm so glad you found comfort in the Word. Great verses to bring you God's peace. Beautiful post today, too, Veronica!
Post a Comment