Thursday, October 1, 2009

April 26th

Yesterday I had my first "real" appointment with my OB.  I really love my doctor so it was nice getting to see him again.  I was telling him that I thought it was so funny that it seemed like everybody there in the office recognized me from when I had Audrey.  He reminded me that it's been a while, and not like just a couple of months ago, and that kinda made me smile.  He also said, "We like pregnant people here," and that made me smile too!

Well, everything turned out great.  I had that wonderful first exam, if you know what I mean.  The doctor and I went over all the usual stuff and he pretty much said that everything looked good and I can expect this pregnancy to be very much like the last one.  We also talked about my thyroid levels and our plan for monitoring the hypothyroidism during the pregnancy.  We also went over my ultrasound from last week.  He said that the baby looked great and that we are going to be sticking with my original due date of April 26th and not April 20th, as the ultrasound tech suggested last week.

Well, I guess that's it for today.  I've been up since around 4:30 this morning when my Hubby's alarm clock went off and I couldn't go back to sleep!  I've got lots to do today.  I've already got one little girl who's awake and who's already put in her request for pancakes!  She's even taken everything out for me!!!

 

Have a great day everybody!  I cannot believe it's October already!!!

P.S.  Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Maryellen, who left me a great Bible verse to remember when it comes to sticking with it when it comes to exercising.  It's such a great verse that can apply to other things in life as well.

So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

Galatians 6:9 (New Living Translation)

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha! Alyssa looks so cute! You gotta buy those already made pancakes that you just heat up in the microwave. LOL! That's what I do. Ha!!

My blogger isn't updating either, so after I got your comment, I decided to see if you posted anything.

I'm glad your appointment went well and that everything is looking good. April will be here before we even know it! :)

Have a great day today!

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad all is going well and looking well. An April baby it is! Yea! Alyssa is so cute. Loving that hair...reminds me of my model's hair.

christina said...

hey hey! a couple things: we have almost the same due date! :) our 3rd. We lost our daughter last oct. after a full term pregnancy. She had trisomy 18. I think i found you thru "looking for blue sky."
2nd thing...i um...ugh, gosh..i guess i just hope this doesn't offend!...we are in the same biz, sort of. :) i'm a little crochet crazy and make beanies (locally really) and for friends. I'm really happy for your biz tho. (i snooped a bit). Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

So glad your first apt went well! Yumm...pancakes!

Maryellen said...

Veronica:
You are so sweet. So glad it was a blessing to you. You made my day when I was reading your blog.

Hard to resist that look on your daughter's face wanting her pancakes. hah

Blessings,
Maryellen

Stephanie said...

Oh how sweet...look at Alyssa! She's ready to eat :)

glad your appt went well and everything is going good! So exciting :)

Linda said...

It's going to be so much fun to follow you through this pregnancy Veronica! I mean after all,...we ARE your FOLLOWERS! ((SMILE))

Love, Linda

{:miss v:} said...

I love my OB as well. She's awesome.

I just happened to see her early on in my pregnancy when my regular OB was away on vacation. I requested that she be my new doctor after the current one I had made a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, mistake about me having a miscarriage. I requested an ultrasound to make sure that I really did have a miscarriage and there was a heartbeat!!

I'm so glad I asked for the ultrasound because that horrible doctor wanted to clean him out of me!

I love my new OB...did I mention that? tee hee...

amanda said...

glad you're doing so well. and that the ob appt went 'well'. blech. i hate 'that' appt. ;0) thanks for sharing the verse. it really spoke to my heart today. when i needed to read it. loves you!!

Holly said...

It's good to hear your appt went well. :)

And, YUM, pancakes!!!

Thanks for sharing that verse! It's a really good one!! Reminds us that not all of our rewards will be here on earth.

Stephanie said...

such a beautiful bible verse - thanks for sharing! so glad your appointment went well!

Stephanie said...

hmmm...i just noticed that kristin said blogger wasn't updating for her. are you having that problem? mine is just kind of sporadic - sometimes updating, sometimes not...and often updating late. weird, huh?