So, the other day I mentioned that I've been feeling a little on the blahh side lately. Well, yesterday morning I woke up and came to the realization that one of the reasons I've been feeling so yucky is that I haven't made any time for me lately. Life's been pretty busy in a blessed kinda way, but between all of the juggling, I've been forgetting about myself.
Another reason why I've been feeling so down lately is because my Hubby has been gone a lot. If he's not at work, he's out hunting. To any of you out there who are wives of men who love to hunt, you totally get what I'm going through. It's deer season, and it's coming down to the end of the season and every single day matters! I've been trying my best to be patient, but I've been missing the help I'm used to getting with the girls and also miss having my best friend around! It's kinda funny how even though we've been married for a long time already, I still miss him like crazy when he's gone!
Well, as I mentioned, yesterday I realized I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. I am in desperate need of a hair cut and color, but I just haven't made time for that. I've added it to my to-to list in the coming weeks. I don't know about anyone else, but just doing something simple like getting a haircut makes me feel so much better about myself! Yesterday, since my Hubby was actually home, I decided to see if he wouldn't mind watching the girls so that I could get some "me" time. He of course said he could watch the girls! I ended up spending like three hours out shopping and just enjoying the day. The first place I went to was Macy's. I had decided that I was going to splurge and treat myself to this...
Does anyone else out there use Bare Escentuals make-up? My mom got my a little kit she found at Costco a long time ago, but I recently ran out. I had been debating about spending that kind of money on make-up (I know that sounds cheap) but I usually like to buy things for the girls and not myself. Since I'm not really a make-up kinda girl, I really love the way this stuff feels. It's almost like you're not wearing any make-up at all and the best thing about it is that it's all natural and made of minerals so it's good for your skin!I ended up having a good rest of my time out by myself and ended up spending at least an hour wandering through Walmart! It was nice to be able to just look around without having to worry about rushing through the store like I do when the girls are with me.
Well, I think my week's off to a good start. I got some "me" time in, and I've got my new make-up to play with. I'm excited for what the week is gonna bring and it's a really good feeling!
P.S. As I mentioned earlier, my blogging friend Sarah, over at Gives and Takes, is hosting a giveaway for a brand new, signed copy of the new book, Stretch Marks by Kimberly Stuart. You can go here to read more about how you can enter in to win this book.

Also be sure to stop by Sarah's blog and tell her congratulations! She just announced today that she's expecting Baby #4! What a blessing!!!
12 comments:
Good for you! Isn't it so nice to feel like you can take your time in the store? I need to control myself, sometimes I find myself still rushing... and what reason? Habit, maybe. I don't know LOL
I don't use that make up,but I do use a mineral content that is so light weight and natural. I know you will like that Bare Minerals make up. I also, don't wear much make up since I stopped working at the salon. But it still matters to have make up you actually LIKE to wear, or else you will wear it even less :)
My husband doesn't hunt, but I give you credit for being patient with your husband while he's gone. That isn't easy at all. You just have to keep telling yourself, he has this one great hobby and it only comes around once a year :)
I hope you have a nice week, Veronica. Thank you for your nice comment on my post. Jackson is definitely more himself today :)
Hooray! It IS important to have some "me" time, especially with little kids. My hubby started taking Valerie on bike rides every so often and I just love having a quiet house for an hour where I can sit and relax by myself. I've heard a lot about Bare Minerals too. I actually use Mary Kay products, but they also have a mineral foundation that I LOVE.
"Me time" is so important...I'm glad you got some for yourself this weekend! Have a great Monday!
I'm so glad you got to have some time to yourself and had a good time! It's amazing what a few hours can do for your whole week! I hope you have a great week. I will stop by your friend's blog :)
You're so sweet. :) Thanks for the added note about the baby, too! Leave another comment since you're already a follower and you'll get your three entries.
I am so glad that you got aday to yourself! We all need those! I am with you, I love cutting my hair and feel like I am being waited on! I have never used that makeup before, but I really don't use a lot of makeup, so I would probably like it!
I am so glad you got some much needed you time. I need some of that myself. We often forget about ourselves until we are hanging by a thread. I have heard a lot of good things about that makeup. Good for you!
Hugs,
Mimi
Good for you! I love "me" outings. I actually had one myself yesterday afternoon. I received a wonderful gift card for my birthday so I was out looking to see if I "needed" to spend it on something!
I've been using that make up for the last 3 years and I love it. I hate spending the money too. Costco has a new one that I tried but I didn't like it so I'm back to spending the extra cash.
Glad you got some "me" time!!!
Trisha
I use that on a daily basis and have for the last two years.
I'm so happy you got away for a while and had some time to yourself. You lucky girl!!!!!!!!
I love Bare Minerals although I have since run out and haven't had the money to spend. Half the time, I forget to put on makeup anyway and that's kind of a routine. Good for you!!!
PS Camping this weekend!!! Woohoo!
I love mineral makeup!! I actually buy mine online from Everyday Minerals. It's more affordable. You can get a sample kit and all you have to pay for is shipping. I tried the sample kit first and loved it so much I went back for more!! It's all I use now.
Post a Comment