Friday, August 7, 2009

Show Us Your Life...Wedding Reception & Honeymoon Edition

Okay, it's that time of the week again to join in on Kelly's "Show us Your Life meme." This week is the last week to share wedding pics, and today it's all about the Reception and Honeymoon.

Well, the truth of it is, I really don't have very many good pics to share today. I'm not sure why all of our reception pics turned out so yucky, so I'm gonna do my best to share a couple of pics that did turn out okay.

For our wedding reception, we chose to have it at a super plain recreational hall. Since we were on a budget, we didn't have too many decorations at our reception. I have to laugh when I look at this photo, because of the hearts that are in the picture right behind us. My dad took great pride in making those styrofoam hearts, taking time to add the lights and tulle to them as well. This was a project that he sort of surprised us with, so of course they became a part of our reception decorations. My Hubby and I laugh everytime the hearts come up in conversation because we only got married seven years ago, but the hearts look like something straight out of the movie "The Wedding Singer." :) My dad was so proud of his creation, bless his heart.

We decorated the table with simple decorations and used some candle holders and silk flowers we bought in the Garment District in Downtown L.A. I don't have a good pic of the tables where our guests sat, but here's what our head table looked like. You can see that for favors, we gave out little boxes with Hershey's kisses in them. I bought a ton of the kisses on clearance right after Easter, so we could have the ones with pastel colored wrappers that matched our colors. We also had matching cream colored personalized napkins made.

Here are a couple of pictures of our cakes.


A lady who made cakes on the side make them for us. Our invitation had hearts and swirls on it, so I found a really cool picture of a cake that I liked and the lady who made our cakes was able to do the same thing for me. I especially wanted to incorporate the daisies in the cake as my flowers were mainly roses and daisies. Although the cakes weren't from a bakery, I was still super thrilled with the results. We were able to save a little bit of money and have a beautiful cake that looked awesome and tasted wonderful!

For our Honeymoon, we went on a cruise to Mexico. Because I was still so young (and pretty sheltered for most of my life) I was so nervous to be somewhere I'd never been. Luckily there wasn't much traveling involved. We just drove down to San Pedro where our ship took off from. Although we had an awesome time on that cruise, if you have never taken a cruise and are considering where you should go, I would highly recommend a Caribbean cruise. We went to the Carribbean for our five year wedding anniversary and it was gorgeous there. Everything they say about the beautiful beaches is true! Here's a pic of us on the ship...


One last detail I thought would be fun to share was the fact that at dinner on our cruise, we were seated with other young couples. It was interesting to meet new people and we were so surprised to find that on of the gals we had dinner with every night was Melissa Joan Hart's (Sabrina, The Teenage Witch) sister (she's the one on the left in the back). It was so funny because at the beginning of the cruise, I totally thought she looked a lot like her. It was at the end of the cruise that we found out for sure that she was Melissa's sister. How funny, huh?


Well, thanks for reading about my wedding, again. It was so fun sharing!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

9 comments:

amanda said...

how fun about the melissa joan hart's sister thing. she looks a lot like her.

i loved the wedding pictures again.

and you have such a sparkling smile. makes me smile too!

Unknown said...

How sweet and I am totally digging the hearts!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Your wedding reception was beautiful. I love the cake. The flowers on it are perfect. What a fun honeymoon.

Kristin said...

She does look just like her...how funny! I think that's so sweet of your Dad to make those hearts! Everything looked so pretty and I loved your cakes! I like the picture of you on the cruise too....I've never been on a cruise, but we have been to Cancun before. That was fun to see your pics! I wish I could come over and you could just show me all the pics from your life. Ha! Love ya!

Stephanie said...

I love your cake...daisies are my favorite!

How sweet of your dad to make those hearts.....that's so genuine :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Aww, your honeymoon looks amazing!! How romantic. I love the picture of you guys toasting - your hubby looks so proud!! This part of Kelly's blog hop has been SO much fun!!!!!

Anna Gray said...

How fun! The wedding, the cruise...so much fun! :0)

{:miss v:} said...

Wow! Your cakes were beautiful! I bet they tasted good too!

Thanks for your comment on my new business! I'm very excited! I was wondering how your baby hat business started off. Was it a slow start or did it take off?

brainella said...

How cute are you guys?! And that cake rocks. Daisies are my favorite flower. :-) We are hoping to take a cruise for our 10th anniversary.