I spent all of yesterday catching up on the usual "around the house" kinda stuff and getting a game plan together for my hats when I go to opening back up in September. Up until now, all of my sales have been on a custom order basis. I like the idea of letting people chose which colors and styles they'd like, but I also want for people to be able to pick from hats that are already made. My goal is to spend this entire month making as much as I can so that's what I've been working on. I'm also planning on introducing a new style or two for the hats and adding childrens scarves.
On another note, does anyone remember how last week, Kelly talked about different foods that are from different parts of the country that not everybody knows about? When she mentioned that, the first thing that came to mind was Tri-Tip. Here in CA, it's a cut of beef that we are all familiar with, but from what I've heard, it's not something that everyone knows about. We decided to BBQ over the weekend, and guess what we cooked? That's right, Tri-tip! Doesn't it look yummy?

The trick to making the best tri-tip ever is to use this good stuff...Red Oak. Here in CA you'll find a few people using gas grills, but the most popular way to BBQ is on a pit using oak wood.

The oak adds a great mesquite flavor to whatever you're cooking! The other trick to making delicious BBQ is to use that seasoning I always talk about, by generously sprinkling the seasoning on the meat, covering it up, and letting it sit for a couple of days to marinade. I'm telling you, the finished product is so good. You can even ask my neighbors! We ended up having a BBQ with our neighbors on Sunday night and the tri-tip was a hit. The fact that my Hubby is the best BBQer ever might also be the reason why it turned out so good! :)
Well, I'm off to start my day with my girls, but I just had to mention this show today. Has anyone been watching "More to Love?" It's a new show on Fox that my Hubby and I happened to come across last night when we were flipping channels.
It's basically the plus sized people (I hope I'm not offending anyone when I say that...I am so not a skinny girl either) version of "The Bachelor" and I believe that last night was an encore airing of the show, since I think it started last week. For the record, I never watch reality shows like that, but I couldn't believe my eyes or ears when we were watching the introduction to the show and they were introducing the guy who's love all the girls will by vying for. The guy's name is Luke Conley, a 26-year old real estate investor, and guess where he's from? Santa Maria, CA!!! You guys, I live in Santa Maria! My hubby and I were totally freaking out that this guy is from here!!! Now I have to watch the show. It will be cool to see if the guy brings her home to our neck of the woods. This is gonna be interesting!
15 comments:
First comment!!!
The BBQ looks soooo good!!! The recipe sounds very yummy too.
That is so cool that the guy on the show is from Santa Maria! :0)
P.S. LOVE your new profile pic!!!
YUMMY! Do you have any leftovers, because I'm heading your way! LOL! That looks delicious!
That is so interesting about the guy being from your town! I heard of the show, but I just can't interested in these dating shows because how can you fall in love with someone on TV? I just don't get it, but I would probably watch it too if he was from my town. That will be neat if he comes back to your town with her........that will make a great blog post, huh?! Ha!
I know you are going to have great success, as always, with your hats when you open back up. I'm so excited for you and admire you so much for your talent and your unique and adorable hats.
Hope you have a great day today!
I've never heard of that tritip before Kelly mentioned it. I still dont' know what makes it so special? That would be so good to have meat cooked over that wood. I bet it's delicious. I watched a little bit of that show last night.
I have to visit Kelly's blog, my dauthers blog had mentioned it and now your blog that has the wonderful BBQ, YUMMEEEEE
I need short, sweet, nutritional recipes for when I return to school, I really do not have time to cook big meals!
OH yes, your hats, great idea! Making them up prior to Christmas, I think they would make great gifts!
Having hats in stock is a great idea and will probably relieve some stress later on.
That BBQ looks yummy.
That show sounds interesting.
The food looked delicious! My hubby would love a wood burner bbq! More to Love, sounds funny! I hope he brings her there you just happen to see them!
I watched a few minutes of it during one of the many many times last night that Allie was awake but I didn't stay on the channel. I'll have to tune in now that I know he's from where you're at though...how cool :)
I can't wait to see the new styles for hats...I feel a new order coming and the scarves will be so cool! I'll have to get some for Allie :)
Glad you're doing well. I haven't been around much lately either...I need to catch up badly but I've been so incredibly busy..there's a consignment sale this weekend and I've been living that for the last 48+ hours...ugh!
Hello Ver, Sounds like you have been busy being a little "Suzy Homemaker", catching up on things around the house and staying away from the computer. That is a good thing to do once in awhile. I get hooked on it too.
The Tri-tips look good. We don't do a lot of BBQ around here, but I will keep them in mind the next time we do.
It would be a good idea for you to stock up on your wonderful hats so that you will have plenty for Christmas shoppers, like one of your commenters said. But I can imagine that it also takes up a lot of your time.
There has to be a happy medium mixed in there when we have projects. We need to not over-do anything,...but practice moderation. It is just always easier to say, ...than it is to do. But I will say a pray for you sweetie, and also for the rest of us bloggers! ((smile))
I admire you gals with little ones at home, that find time for everything. I feel like I am in slo-mo these days. I don't accomplish as much as I did when I was younger. But as I said, I admire those of you that can accomplish so much.
May God Bless All Of Your Efforts As You Serve Him, And Your Family, And Your Customers
Love, Linda
YUM!!
Love the hat idea. I think etsy is a great way to go and keep stock of each hat. I can't wait to buy Brenna and Bentley more!! =)
That looks so yummy! Don't worry you weren't offending when you say plus size I thought it was a nice way of putting it. I would so love to be thinner again. But since I started having those wonderful times of the month I started gaining weight. I have PCOS and have several of the symptoms some PCOSers don't have. Thats where the metformin comes in.
That is so cool the guy is from your city. I can't wait to watch the show. What night does it come on? Sometimes I distracted by the pay channels on Direct tv to watch what is on local channels.
Hug the girls for me!
Hey, the tri-tip looks really good!!!! I am actually planning a trip in 2012 to San Diego, I know it sounds crazy to plan that far ahead, but it is for work; the same conference that I went to DC for. Every year it is some where different!! So I just might have to try that!!
I think it is a good idea about making some hats up and just having them to sell, it might take the work load off of you!!
I have seen the previews to that show, just haven't had a chance to watch it. I am NOT a thin or skinny girl so I love supporting anything that gives plus size women a chance!!!
That Tri tip made me hungry! LOL!
I am so looking forward to the new styles and scarfs! Can't wait!
Very good food lady! Thanks for including that. I love that we have such amazing neighbors who feed us. That is a upcoming blog on our monthly outdoor BBQ's. Maybe I will just blog about it now and then post it for next week. THANK YOU for telling me about that. Genius!
Funny about tri tip - I had no idea what it was before I ventured out to Cali with my hubby when we were dating. I fell in love and so look forward to it whenever we go out there! Seriously the BEST!!
I think it is awesome that you are taking a break with your hats and to "regroup" and get all prepared. You KNOW I will be one of those stopping by sept/oct! They are just too adorable and priceless gifts!
How fun that the bachelor is from where you live! You could so get the inside scoop!!
I love December - although I have to say our winters are SO different, as I do not leave the house without warming up my car, putting boots on and normal shoes in my purse/bag, and bundling up like there is no tomorrow! Oh how your birthday memories would be so different! My bday is in January and it is always cold- If Josh wasnt an auditor I would demand going to Cali for my bday! Anyways! I hope you are having a great week as well - talk to you soon!
Post a Comment