Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So Much To Say

The last couple of days have been busy, busy, busy. Yesterday afternoon I was finally able to complete a hat order I had been working on for a sweet blog friend of mine named Amanda, who I was blessed to meet through my other great friend, Stephanie. Amanda is a mom to four little cuties...three girls and one boy. It was fun working on the hats for her little ones. Since I mostly just get orders for girl hats, it was a nice change of pace to make a boy hat...



And speaking of my hats, Amanda and I are teaming up to do a giveaway on her blog for one of my hats this coming Friday. If you are interested in winning a free hat of your choice, be sure to check back with me on Friday so that I can give you the link to the giveaway or you can just go straight to Amanda's blog to check it out! Thanks so much Amanda for doing that!

After I completed the hats yesterday we went over to my BIL and SIL's house to celebrate two different graduations. The girls and I were supposed to make it to one of the graduations, but didn't make afterall. I guess it worked out anyways, because sometimes it can be a little tricky tending to two small kids at functions like that. At the party, we celebrated the graduation of...

My nephew Joseph, who graduated from the 8th grade. High school here we come!



We also celebrated the 6th grade graduation of Joseph's sister, my niece Breanna! Congratulations you guys!!!


The girls had a blast planning out in the backyard on the trampoline that my BIL and SIL have. Audrey couldn't stop laughing!!!

All in all, we had a fun time getting together with the family!!!

In other news...I've also been busy getting ready for Alyssa's 4th birthday, which is tomorrow already!!! I just can't believe that we're just a day away. It seems like forever since she's been asking me "How much longer until my birthday?" and here it's tomorrow already. I've been so busy go, go, going, it didn't really hit me that she's going to be turning four until last night when I was shopping at the grocery store and had to buy the number four candle. It literally just seems like yesterday when we brought her home from the hospital.

For her party on Saturday, we have decided to do just a small family only gathering and keep things simple. Alyssa chose a princess themed party. Even though we aren't going all out, like we usually do, we still bought some fun stuff to decorate the house for the party. Here are the plates and napkins we got.
We bought all her party stuff here at Birthday Direct.com where everything is always discounted. Alyssa is so excited about her birthday and she keeps asking me when we can start decorating. I think I'm going to work on it tonight and decorate the house when she's sleeping so that tomorrow morning when she wakes up, she'll see balloons and streamers everywhere. I can't wait to see the smile on her face!!!

Here's something else that Alyssa and I are excited about. We asked my very best friend Kristin if she could make a special birthday shirt for Alyssa. What was so funny was that Alyssa knew specifically what she wanted. She actually requested that the shirt say..."Hello everybody, My name is Alyssa and it's my birthday. I'm four!" I was laughing so loud when she said that and I had to tell her that Miss Kristin wouldn't be able to put that many words on a t-shirt! After we discussed how it could only be a couple of words, she decided on "I'm Four." When we got her shirt in the mail, we were sooooo excited. Isn't is just perfect? Notice the matching ponytail holders too?!?! I was just amazed at what an awesome job Kristin did. Each of the letters are hand stitched, can you believe that? Thank you so much Kristin!!! We love it!!!


By the way, if you are interested in something like this, you can go to Summer Suzette Couture to check out some of the cute stuff that Kristin has to offer. Kristin is actually thinking about going in a different direction with her business, so if you wouldn't mind saying a prayer that the Lord would help to let her to know where He wants her to go with everything, that would just mean so much!!!

Well, I guess I'm finally caught up for now. I'd better get back to seeing what else I can get done around here to get ready for the party. Saturday will be here before I know it.
Oh yeah...I just have one more thing to mention...If you are interested in another chance to win a free hat from me, hop on on over to the Pifer Bean blog to see how. Both Julie, my awesome blog designer and friend, and I are offering a free hat (from me) and a free blog design (from Julie) to one lucky winner!

Okay...I think I'm really done now. Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Lots of hat giveaways. I love it. I also love the shirt for Alyssa's birthday. Very cute. Hope it all goes well. Have a great party day.

Julie said...

LOVE the shirt! Kristin is SO talented. She & I are in the same situation with our businesses. It's been so great meeting so many great blogging buds! Seems like we always have someone to talk to!

The boy hat is ADORABLE! I love it! Why oh why will my boys be so uncooperative with hats!?! They tolerate them for about the time it takes for me to take a picture! :)

I can't believe your little one is going to be 4! I'll be looking forward to the pics!

Amber said...

I love her birthday shirt! So cute! Next time I have a little one, I have to have you make a hat. Yours are so precious!

Linda said...

Hi Veronica, I have been missing you. It sounds like you are busy as usual.

The shirt that Kristin made is so cute. She does nice work. I hope her business will go in the direction that God is leading. She is a talented girl, just like you.

Happy Birthday to sweet Alyssa. I hope she has a great party and a good birthday,...and that she feels special turning FOUR!!!

The pictures from your Monday post with the family were so nice. You have a big beautiful family, and in-laws.

Your niece that just graduated from High School is beautiful. And the younger graduates are lovely and handsome too.

Isn't it a blessing to be a part of a loving family? God is so good to us.

I prayed about your thyroid. I want God's best for you sweet Veronica. I love how yielded you are to His will.

Glad you and the hubby had a nice time together and some time to go out to dinner. Couples need that.

Loved seeing pictures of you,...it's like we have had a visit.

Take care!
Love you,
Linda

Stephanie said...

Love the new hat! Amanda is such a sweetheart.

I love the birthday stuff...I'm partial to princess now....wish I had known before and you could have used my cake pan for a princess crown like I did for Allie's birthday :)

Crystal said...

Love the little boys hat. It's too cute!!! You are so wonderful and talented!!!

Cute shirt! Kritin sent Bentley a shirt this week very similar to that and we love it. I am going to be taking her picture in it tomorrow and posting soon. She is also another wonderful talented woman!!

=)

Kristin said...

I love the little boys hat too! And the girls look so cute in their pics....I like the one of Audrey on the trampoline!

You know what's funny....I started reading your post around 7 tonight, then I left in the middle of it as soon as Morgan got home so I could do some shopping, then I just now picked up with the rest of it and got to the part about my shirt. I didn't even scroll down enough earlier to see it. Ha! LOL! You are so sweet to post about that and I am just so glad that Alyssa likes it :) And thank you so, so much for the prayer request....that is such a gift to me.

You are the greatest friend a girl could ever have. I can't believe Alyssa is turning 4 tomorrow! I hope she has the best Birthday day ever and then the best party ever on Saturday! I love those princess party things....I wish I had known about those for Kaylee's party before she picked the other ones. They are so cute! I bet she is going to be so excited when she finds your decorations!

Hope y'all have a great day tomorrow!!

Love ya,
Kristin

Unknown said...

I love the shirt and thanks for the website for party stuff! I need to start planning Molly's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday Alyssa!!