Gosh, I can't believe it's Monday night already. I usually do my posts either in the morning or later when the girls are napping but I just didn't get around to it today. Sorry for the length of this post, but I really wanted to share something that happened to me today.
This morning I had a doctor's appointment to follow-up on some allergy issues I was having about a month and a half ago. I was having the most horrible coughing and wheezing, expecially at night. I would wake up practically choking and it was really starting to affect both me and my Hubby's sleep. When I went in to get checked out, the doctor put me on Nasonex and wanted to see if I had made any improvements in six weeks. Well, today was the day for that visit. I almost canceled the appointment for today, because the medicine has been working so well and I have been feeling much better, thank the Lord! I am so glad that I kept the appointment though, because I ended up discussing my concerns about my thyroid issues with my doctor.
I don't know if any one who reads this blog remembers me talking a while back about how I have a condition called Hypothroidism. It actually started out as Postpartum Thyroiditis right after I had Alyssa. Basically what happened was that my thyroid went into overload after giving birth and it stopped working like it should have. Since the thyroid gland controls your metabolism, you can imagine how difficult it is when you're thyroid isn't working right. You feel sluggish and tired all the time and that's only the beginning of it all. Anyhow, ever since they found out about my condition, I have been on a medication called Levothyroxine. What it does is helps to supplement my body with the thryroid hormone that my body doesn't make on it's own. I take this medication every day first thing in the morning. About a year after I first found out I had Hypothroidism, I still found myself with the same condition, and my doctor told me that I basically had a non-recovering thyroid, and I would have to take this medication for the rest of my life.
As you can imagine, hearing news like this was not easy for me. I am not the medication taking kind of person either. For example, and sorry if this is too much information, I do not believe in using traditional contraceptives. I realize that each person must make their own choice about what works best for them, but to us, putting unnecessary chemicals in my body is something that I cannot justify. Instead, we practice Natural Family Planning. This method is definitely not for everyone, but I will say that it is a great way to learn how to grow in the area of communication in your marriage.
All that talk of medication and such being said, I decided to mention again today to my doctor, that my hope and prayer...I used those exact words with the doctor, is that one day I will not need to take the thyroid medication anymore. We discussed the fact that I really need to lose weight for things to improve, but I was surprised with what he told me next. He said that if it is my desire to be off the medication, we would go ahead a give it a shot and see what happens. I was so excited when he wrote me a prescription for a new and lower dosage today. The plan is to gradually start reducing the dosage and see what my body does.
To be honest, I do not know what will happen in the future, but this was a real answer to prayer today. My goal, my desire....is to be healthy. For three and a half years now I have been on this medication with no end in sight. I have been praying and believing that one day I will be healed.
Well...tonight I thought I would share this so that I ask you all for your prayers. I got the new prescription filled this afternoon, and as of tomorrow I start on this new dosage. I would love it anyone out there who reads this will pray that Lord will take me through this next step and completely heal my body. I have full faith and trust that the Lord will take me through this and I am believing for complete healing in Jesus name!
Well, I know this was a long post, so thanks for sticking around to read it. I feel so blessed to have all of you out there to be able to call my friends!!! I will be back tomorrow with lots of pics of the girls and our weekend and an awesome yard sale find!!!
12 comments:
hi there...i was diagnosed with the same condition when I was 18. I was told the same thing...medication for the rest of my life. Thankfully I only took it for a year and no longer need it. Praise God! I totally understand about you not wanting to take medicine. I put off taking any for the RA for 8 years! Ha! now I do b/c the pain is too much. I will pray that you soon will no longer need to take medicine. Take good care! Many blessings your way...
Veronica I will be praying for complete and total healing for you!
I'm not a good medicine taker either in fact I didn't finish the antibiotics from when I had pneumonia.
After marking our third anniversary many days I wonder if after trying for so long if we'll ever be parents. I know we will but sometimes your mind overthinks you know? I know he wouldn't put this desire for a family in our hearts if it weren't meant to happen.
God can do anything!
Elisabeth
After one of my pregnancies I had hyperthyroidism...they put me on pills for a certain amount of time and told me if they did not work we would have to look into surgery to remove the thyroid. Said it was very risky because of where it was located in the neck and it made me very nervous. I only took the pills for awhile though and everything got back to normal...said it was pregnancy induced and it ended up working itself out. I can't imagine what it must of been like to think you're going to have to take meds for the rest of your life! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!!! oh and I'm glad those allergies are better...they can be a real pain!
definitely in prayer for you! my mom had this during her fifth and last pregnancy. don't remember what the treatment was, but i'll have to ask. hoping AND praying you can be off meds soon!
by the way, we use natural family planning too. my hubby keeps track of all the numbers on a chart - he's an engineer ;) it really does help us communicate better.
Hey sweetie-You know I will be praying for a tottal and complete healness for yourself!!! I love you sweetie-thank you for everything, you V are a very true friend, I am very grateful have met you! THANK YOU!
Love-Hugs and Prayers-
Tiff
Hi Veronica,...God is in control honey and He will help you through this time as you trust in Him.
I am praying that He will heal you and that you won't have to take any meds.
You are precious,...and we all love you so much. Just imagine how very much God loves you!
Your love for Him is amazing! You are so transparent and I can just see Him living in your heart, by how you live for Him, and how you desire to please Him, and how you share Him with everyone. That is pleasing to God!
Never change,...you are the genuine article!!!!
(((PRAYERS))) and (((HUGS)))
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
Oh wow!! I will be leaping out in faith with you! I will be praying for your complete healing in Jesus' name, Veronica!
I just know that you are going to come off this medicine and not have to take it again. I am the same way with not wanting to take medicines and not wanting to do the pill. I know everything will work out, especially with everyone praying for you! We love you and we want you to be healthy and happy too!
Have a great day!
Kristin
I will be praying for you! My prayer will be that God gives you the wisdom to do what's in His will!
Just prayed for you!
I will be praying for you!
I will be praying for you Veronica. YOu know I am on the same meds because I don't have a tyroid due to cancer. I wish I didn't have to take it either...that there was something natural to take instead...but I am missing mine.
Praying you will be fine again without medication.
Post a Comment