Friday, May 15, 2009

A New Day

Well, it's the end of the week already and I'm finding myself again, wondering where my week went! Today, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who read my post from yesterday and prayed for me. That meant so much to know that you all took the time out of your busy lives to say a prayer just for me. I'm sure after reading yesterday's post some of you may have thought I had really gone off the deep end. I won't be mad at you for thinking that (if you did) because I probably would have thought the same thing if I were you! After reading your comments, it was nice to hear that I'm not the only one who feels like that from time to time. Life is all about juggling and finding a balance. I know I will find my way eventually.

The good news for today is that I am feeling a TON better than yesterday. Last night, I was able to get the girls out, even if it was to run a few errands. One of the places we hit was Walmart. When we were there, Alyssa asked me if I would buy her a Handy Manny puzzle. To those of you who don't watch the Disney Channel, Handy Manny is a cute little show about a repair guy and his talking tools. Anyhow, Alyssa really likes that show and really wanted the puzzle when she saw it at the store. I ended up buying it for her and the entire way home she talked about how excited she was to start working on the puzzle. When we got home, I let her open the puzzle and watched in amazement as she put the whole thing together all by herself. I loved seeing the smile on her face when she had it all done and looked up at me to see what my reaction was going to be. She was so proud of herself and at that moment, I thought to myself, This is what it's all about. It's the little moments like those that I'll cherish forever.

Today I am thankful so many things. I am so thankful that God's mericies are new every single morning. It's amazing to find how much your view on life can change from one day to the next. I am also thankful for awesome blog friends who say they will pray for me and then actually do it.

Last night I felt a peace like I hadn't in a long time. It almost as if everything I had been feeling had been washed away. It was an amazing feeling and I know it was your prayers that made the difference!

Well, I'm up for a busy weekend. We're celebrating the first birthday of a niece of mine tomorrow afternoon, so that should be fun! I am determined to make it to church on Sunday no matter. Because all of us had taken turns being under the weather, we've missed three Sundays at church! We need to get back to church, so please pray that we make it there! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Lily likes to watch Handy Manny too! I love when they accomplish things like that and they are proud of themselves! Have fun at your party tomorrow and I hope you make it to church Sunday. Thanks for the talk earlier....I enjoyed it!! Love ya,

Kristin

Stephanie said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

jacob used to watch handy manny all the time...isn't it great to watch their faces when they accomplish something on their own! I love it!

Joyeful said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments, Veronica! You are such a wonderful friend! Hope you have a great weekend with your girls and your man!

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad that you are feeling better. I hope that you are all well enough to go to church tomorrow. Enjoy the party.
Hugs,
Mimi

Linda said...

Hi Veronica, (What's your middle name?) I always ask my friends that Ha!

I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Have fun at your party today. Have a good weekend with your sweet family.

I hope it works out that you can make it to church,...cuz I know you want to go so badly. Does your hubby go with you and the kids?

How's your new grass doing? I told my husband how excited you were to get it. That was so cute. (I was so glad to get mine too).

You are a woman who is thankful for all of her blessings.

I count you as a blessing to my life.

Love your sweet smile,...and your new haircut.

Hang in there,...God isn't finished with us yet,...it's an on-going project! (smile)

He loves us just the way we are.

Linda

The Pifer's said...

Thank you sweetie for your sweet comment and for posting the button on the side! I told the girls to get a better pic of the keychains and they said with the next order they will order some youth. :) Thanks sweetie!!!! Love ya!