I can't believe it's already Friday! Boy, this week sure flew by. First off, I would like to say thanks to everyone who took the time to leave me a comment yesterday. I really appreciate all of you. Yesterday was a tough one. It actually turned out getting a lot worse (for other reason) before it got better, but thankfully today is a much better day. I am strenthened to know that I have some awesome blogging friends out there who are there when I need a shoulder to lean on.
After yesterday's post I got to thinking about several things aside from my little hat business. So many things have been going through my head this week. Thoughts of sick babies and thoughts of this ugly world we live in. We are seriously in a battle right now. A battle for good and evil. For the longest time, I struggled with being a "Closet Christian," as I've mentioned in the past. I was always afraid to let anyone know what I believed in for fear that I would be rejected for my faith. I have recently come to the understanding that I cannot go on any longer hiding who I really am from people for fear that they won't like me. One of the things I didn't mention on my 10 Things About Me list is the fact that I am a realist. I tend to be a pretty serious person, and not exactly what some might call "the life of the party." This is who I really am. I also pride myself in being open and honest with myself and others. What I have really come to appreciate about this blogging adventure is the freedom to be open and honest and the opportunity to just be real. There will be days when I am happy and days when I'm sad and I want to be able to share what's on my heart and be okay with that, regardless of what people will think. Again, I just want to be real.
One of the things I can't stand the most in this world is hypocracy. You know, when you see someone or something who says that they are one thing, and then acts another way. Hypocracy is what kept my Hubby and I from going to church for the longest time. We didn't want to be people living one way at home and then going to church pretending to be people we weren't. The devil tried to convince us that we were too dirty to enter into the Lord's house. And by dirty, I mean, not perfect...Saying a few ugly words here and there, drinking an alcoholic beverage every now and again. I am so glad that the Lord was there to gently remind us that we don't have to be perfect to enter into his House. What I've found to be amazing is God's sweet and gentle spirit. The closer you draw towards Him, the easier it becomes to start getting rid of all the "dirty" stuff.
At the end of the day, I don't want to be seen as a "religious" person. I just want to have a personal relationship with Him. And I want others to know Him as their Personal Savior too. I know this is heavy stuff for today, but I just wanted to share what's been on my heart. Just like the Matthew West song I heard on the radio the other day...I don't wanna go through the motions.
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are planning on driving down to the Dodgers game tomorrow night. It's been a long time since we've gone on a little trip and done something together as a family. I'm really looking forward to it! Have a great weekend everybody!
8 comments:
This world is often a sad and dark place and like my dad said in his sermon last week...just think how bad it could be if there were no Christians shining their light or sprinkling their salt. I shudder to think. I love your heart Veronica...I think it is genuine and real. You are a precious sister in Christ. Thank you for sharing this post with us.
Have a wonderful family time!
Mimi
Aww Veronica...thank you for sharing your heart with your readers.
I was at that place..."closet Christian" when I first came to the Lord. Although on fire...I battled with sharing my faith. Now, I can't stop talking about God. Sharing scripture and what He is doing in my life. It's difficult because I bump into criticism...but you know what...I don't care because if He is with me who can come against me? No one.
And you know...I am not the life of the party either...the more I read what you write the more I see similarities...
You all have a safe trip and many blessing to you!
angelica
ps
Psalm 121 has been holding me up these couple of days...:-)
Veronica,
I just love you....you are just such a precious friend! I am so much like how you describe yourself. I am usually the serious one too and sometimes I feel like if you bloggers actually met me, I'd bore you to tears! LOL You'd be like, who is this girl and why did I want to meet her? Ha! I am really trying to learn that that is how God intended me to be and it's just who I am.
Now I know why I kept asking you if you had read "The Shack". It's all about how "religion" is not what God wants and how what he wants is for us to have a relationship with him, not be perfect or just follow rules and regulations. I'd be glad to send mine to you if you can't find it or just don't want to spend the money on it. It will make you feel so much better.
Have a great weekend,
Kristin
I'm so glad you are feeling alittle better today!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family.
Hi Veronica!!
I was scrolling through some of your old posts and - out of curiosity - clicked over to your hats to see the prices. I would just like to say that for the quality of what you're doing, for the time sacrifice you're making with your family to make them, and for the individualized touch each of them have by being hand-made your prices are absolutely reasonable and affordable!! Let your heart rest - you are touching so many people with this business by coveting prayers and connecting those in need. It's a beautiful ministry.
I have some friends who are expecting so as soon as they find out boy/girl I'll be in touch!!
Blessings,
Sarah
Thanks for sharing your heart. I love your blog....
Please stop by and see me. I am a new blogger.
Ok, I just saw this poist for the first time since I have been on a trip for a few days. I just have to say that you are right Veronica! Be yourself, be real, and have a personal relationship with the Lord,...this is what it is all about sweetie.
There is none righteous,...no not one. When we are Christians we are just old sinners saved by grace. His wonderful,... grace!
Don't look to others,...cuz you will always see hypocrites. (Sometimes if I am having a bad day, I might look like a hypocrite),I think at times we all do. We just need to keep our eyes and our focus on Jesus!
My husband and I prayed for you and Krisitn this morning. You girlies are my "pen pal',...that's what we called it in the olden days! ha!
Love, Linda
Veronica, I just found you through The Hanes Family blog and I appreciate your open and honest heart! You are so right that it is about a relationship with our sweet Savior, and not a religion! I am so excited that you are speaking up for Him--and telling the world how much you love him--and I know that He will continue to fill your heart with more of His love and strength as you seek him!!
Love,
Joye
Post a Comment