While at church, I got a nice surprise and saw an old friend of mine who was here visiting from out of town. We went to high school together and it had been at least eight or nine years since we'd seen each other. Christie, if you ever get to reading this little blog of mine...I am so glad I got to see you!!!
After church, Alyssa and I had something big planned. Audrey stayed home with my Hubby, and my sister Dolly and I got to take Alyssa and three of my nieces (Hannah, Breanna, and Natalya) to the movies. This was a BIG deal for us, because it was Alyssa's first time at the theater! I had been waiting a long time to take her to the movies, and now that she's almost four, we thought now would be the perfect time to take her. Can you guess what movie we watched? I'll give you a second to thing about it.
Okay...time's up. Did anyone guess The Hannah Montana movie? That's right, we went and saw Hannah. It was such a cute movie and all the girls had a blast! I have to admit that because of my nervousness, I was anticipating the worst. I worried that Alyssa wouldn't stay in her seat or that she would keep needing to go to the potty, but neither of those things happened. Isn't it funny how we can build up all kinds of scenarios in our heads and then in reality things turn out nothing like we imagined they would? Alyssa sat next to her cousin Natalya (my sister Yvonne's little girl). As a matter of fact, the girls wanted to sit in the same seat, and they actually ended up staying that way for the majority of the movie. They were so good! They loved eating their popcorn and drinking their slurpee. (For the record, I normally don't let Alyssa have drinks like that, but today was a special day)! I almost wanted to cry when I looked over at Lyssa every now and again and saw her smiling little face looking up at the big screen. It was so cute how she would start doing a little dance in her seat when she liked the music that would come on.
I felt like a total nerd, but I took my camera so that I could take pictures of our big day!
Here's Lyss sipping on her slurpee while we were waiting for the movie to start. Notice how she's flattened the straw. For some reason, she does this every single time she drinks out of a straw!

And here's Lyss and Natalya. Notice how Natalya's wearing her Hannah Montana shirt. I almost put Alyssa's Hannah shirt on, but when I changed her right before we left the house, I decided to put her in a tank top, instead. It was soooo hot here today!

And here's the three of us as we were leaving the theater. I got my sister Dolly to take our picture. I felt so silly for asking her to take our picture, but again, this was a big day for us!!!

I did take a picture of my other nieces Hannah, and Breanna, but I forgot to ask my SIL's if I could put their pictures on my blog. Maybe next time.
We definitely all had a blast and I know that this will only be the beginning of our "Girls Day Out" adventures. To top it off, Audrey had a great time with her Daddy and didn't fuss even once. I was really worried about how she's do without me, but it turns out life can go on without me! Who would have known that was possible?!?!
Well, we're off to a Dr.'s appointment this morning. Hope everyone has a great day!
6 comments:
What a fun day. My girls want to see that movie so bad. Very cute pictures...she looks so thrilled to be there.
I love the pics!!!!! Very cute!!!!!
Cute pictures!
My girl and I saw the movie yesterday morning too. We really liked it!
That movie theater looks so much like one here in the OC.
Awww!!!! That's so cute and so sweet how they were sitting together! They looked like they were having the best time! I'm so glad you took your camera and got pics, even if you did feel nerdy! LOL
I asked my friend Julie if her girls want to go see the movie with us....I think we're going to try and go Friday night! Yay! I'll be the dorky one taking pics of all of us too. We bloggers do what we gotta do though, right?!
I'm so glad y'all had a great time! Those are going to be the greatest memories to treasure when they are too old to let Mom come to the movies with them anymore! LOL :)
Love ya,
Kristin
p.s. I made NO bows today. How does that happen? I was in there making tags to put on my stuff and the day was half gone. I have a softball game tonight and then I'm making bows when I get home.....even if it's just 1 bow! Ha!
I love the last pic of you with the girls! I can't wait until Allie and I can pack up and go to the movies :)
Veronica,...The picture was was cute. I'm glad all of you girls had a good time. I want to go see that movie too. I tried to get my granddaughter to go last night but she didn't want to go. Maybe my honey will take me.
Hey, I just want to tell you again my sweet girlie, how happy I am that you have been going to church again and growing closer to God. This is so wonderful!
God loves you Vernie!
And so do I!
Love, Mama Linda
Post a Comment