Well, it's official...we've been hooked up... with cable, that is!!! The cable guy just left a little while ago and Alyssa is already glued to the T.V. watching Clifford on PBS Kids. The cable guy even reminded me that we have cable just in time to watch American Idol tonight. Of course I am totally out of the loop when it comes to T.V. so I have tons of catching up to do!!!
I have to admit I had been dreading this day. T.V. can become so many things it shouldn't be and I was actually getting used to the simpler life. But, it seems like I was the only one in this house who felt that way. Now we will be going back to our old ways of Hubby coming home from work, taking his shower, and then getting glued to the T.V. He is such a remote hog that I never got the chance to watch what I wanted to watch just a few months ago when we did have cable. I always ended up leaving the room so that I wouldn't have to watch hunting shows or shows that are even worse, like "The Family Guy." I am hoping that this time around, now that we are trying to make our home more God centered, Hubby will make better choices about the kinds of shows that he watches. So much of what we see on T.V. is just trash, and I am trying my best lately not to fill my mind with things that are not of God.
I can't say that everything has been perfect these last few weeks. I am still God's work in progress. Everyday I have to ask the Lord to help me...Help me to make good choices and help me to do and say things that are pleasing to him. Not every day will be easy but I am trusting that if I keep pressing in, I will continue to feel his presence in my life. I have been getting so much better in the area of not using bad language. It is so easy to say things that are not pleasing to God, let's just be honest. I've been noticing that as I ask God to wash me and make me clean, the ugly words that come out of my mouth are fewer and farther between. I have also decided that the only music that I will listen to, at least for now, is Christian music. It blesses my soul to hear this kind of music and right now I need to keep surrounding myself with all things Jesus. The next step in this journey is reading my Bible more. I am so bad at this, but I know I need to make the decision to be discipined about it and read my Bible at least once a day, even if it is only for 10 minutes at a time.
On a completely different note, I wanted to mention something that's really been bothering me lately. I want to apologize to the people who have read this blog from day one, left a comment for me about wanting more info on hats, and then never heard back from me. I am so sorry about this. It has been eating me up inside. I wanted to contact every single one of you but I just got swamped with emails and I never did get back to you. I did mention on a previous post that if you were one of those people who were interested in a hat, or knowing more about prices, to please email me and I would get back to you. If you are one of those people, please feel free to email me at vernfern@verizon.net or leave me another comment and I promise that I will get back to you this time! Thank you so much!!!
Well, the week is almost over and I am so excited because it's my niece Natalya's 4th Birthday tomorrow!!! Yeah...another party this weekend! Woo hoo!
2 comments:
I often feel the same way about TV. During the day, the only thing we watch is cartoons! Sometimes I come home and just don't turn it on, because I like the peace and quiet! My husband about has a panic attack if the TV's not on at all times! LOL
I can totally relate to you on trying to get bad things out of my life. I have been listening exclusively to Christian music too, and I just don't have any desire to listen to anything else, which is totally out of character for me. I did not realize what great Christian bands were out there though! I'm loving them!
I am horrible about not reading my bible. It's just so overwhelming to me, I don't even know where to start, but I'm going to make an effort too.
I hope you have a great weekend!
First, I know exactly what you mean about the TV. It was expensive but we got a "thing" that turns off our TV after a certain amount of time. The kids get 1 hour a day. I can control how much they get and block it if I like (when it's homework time!). Second, where were you 3 1/2 months ago when I washed Lila's hat she got at the hospital? Thanks so much for the tips!! I really appreciate it. Third, your Betty Boop story cracked me up. My brother was a standout wrestler in high school. Before EVERY match he work a Betty Boop t-shirt that advertised for milk (I grew up on a dairy farm). It probably said "Milk it does a body good" or something like that. It was his "good luck" shirt! Finally, I'm soon off to crochet class!! I'm excited but have been sick, so that's a little bit of a bummer (bad cough - finally went the the dr and get some medicine!). I'll have to let you know how it goes. I feel like I am going to be a crochet failure! Thanks again!
ps. What musicians have you found that you liked other than Chris Tomlin?
Post a Comment