Friday, March 6, 2009

Emotional

Today has been a little bit of an emotional day for me. It's probably due to the fact that I'm feeling a little hormonal, (sorry if that's TMI, it's just the truth) but I have been on the verge of tears all day. Here's why...

Right around this time four years ago today, I was in a hospital room witnessing my sister give birth to my niece Natalya. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I even remember when they told her it was time to push. We looked at each other, and I could see it in her eyes...the look that said...There's no turning back now. It was so hard watching my sister in pain but I was so anxious to meet the first baby on my side of the family. The Lord really blessed her because she only had to push for about 20 minutes and Natalya Maraye was born, weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz. Yvonne made it look so easy, and at that moment, she was my hero. What really made the experience even more special was that I was six months pregnant with my first baby! I only had three more months to go before it would be me laying in that hospital bed. I cannot believe its been four years already...it really seems like it was just yesterday.

I tried digging for pictures of that day so that I could add them to today's post. The ones I did find where pretty blurry and I couldn't even find one of me holding the new baby. What a disappointment. Looking through old pictures only helped to make me more sad about how time is flying and how fast my girlies are growing.

I talked about being frustrated with my camera in a previous post and I really meant it. It's a Vizio camera I found on special at Costco the year Natalya and Alyssa were born. I have always had a tough time with getting the pictures to turn out looking the way I'd like them to look... I've even tried using every setting and I'm still not happy with that dumb camera. I decided yesterday that I would finally bite the bullet and get a new camera!

I even went down to Costco last night and found one I liked, so I bought it. It's a Canon. I took a few pictures of the girls this morning and I'm really not that impressed with this new camera either. I guess I'm just not that good at picking out cameras. Well, I've decided that I'm going to go back and return the new camera. I am determined to find something tonight because I need a good camera to take pictures at Natalya's party tomorrow and Audrey's party, which is now just about a week away.

Well, wish me luck everybody...after dinner tonight, I'm going back out there...and I'm coming home with a camera!

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY, TALYA! AUNTIE VER LOVES YOU!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Natalya! I hope you found a camera that you like! I just got a new one for Christmas and it does make a big difference! I know what you mean about time flying by! My girls are getting so big, so fast!

Jake and Heidi said...

I have a canon as well. I usually just take all of my pictures on the AUTO setting. it is green. maybe try that and read up on your camera before you take it back. :)

i bought the yarn for the hats so I am excited to get started! thanks!