Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Stuff

Hi Everybody and Happy Sunday. Hope everyone is having a great day. I should be at church right now, but my big girl is not feeling well, so I decided that staying home would be the best thing for today. I was itching to blog yesterday but I had a ton of things to do here on the homefront. Aside from being a blogger, and crocheter, I am also a Domestic Engineer. Yesterday was all about taking care of all of the not so glamorous stuff. I had spent several days getting my new blogs set up and spent more time on the computer than I care to admit. After it was all said and done, I looked around and finally realized it was time to start working on the other things in my life that needed attention. Yesterday was all about cleaning and getting my surroundings back in order. I must have done at least seven loads of laundry! I washed dishes, vacuumed and mopped every floor that could be vacuumed/mopped and at the end of the day, I still wasn't done overhauling the house!!!

At any rate, its the beginning of a new week and a fresh start. I am remembering a while back when I was going through some tough times. For some reason, I'm prone to feeling sad just out of the blue. Sometimes, I get in a rut and can't seem to get out. On one particular day like that, my Mom reminded me of a scripture in the Bible (I can't remember the exact verse) where it talks about how the Lord's mercies are new every morning. I love that because its so true. Even after a day when we are completely spent, we can go to bed and wake up with a new attitude. We are restored and are able to start all over again & that's how I feel about today. It's a new day, and a new week. I am anxious to see what the Lord has in store for me.

As I mentioned earlier, last week was all about getting my new hat blog ready. I am so excited to share it with everyone, but I've decided to wait until tomorrow for the big reveal. Julie, from Julie's Blog Designs came through once again, and as I've said before, if you're thinking about getting a new look, Julie's definitely the one you want to go to! Not only did she do my two blogs last week, she also did Tiffany's blog. You can go here to check it out. Aside from going over to check out her new look, you should also go to her blog to read all about her and her husband's Trying to Conceive journey and what the Lord is doing in their life right now. I can't wait to see what God's going to do for them this year!

And speaking of Tiffany, I have to share something amazing that happened yesterday. Does anyone remember how on the day I revealed my look look here on my blog, I offered to give a free hat to the first person who went over to Julie to get a blog makeover? Well, as it turns out, the first person turned out to be Tiffany. And then, yesterday, as it turns out, Tiffany was also the winner of the burp cloths that my other blogging friend Crystal was giving away over on her blog. Just a couple of days ago, on her blog, Tiffany's talked about how her and her hubby had been praying that the Lord would make his presence known and confirm to them that He's been hearing their prayers regarding getting pregnant. Well, after winning both "giveaways" for baby items on the same day, God has most certainly proven than He's there and He's listening. Of course we know he hears everything we say, but it was still awesome for them to receive that kind of confirmation from the Lord!!!

In other big news, on Friday I received my first blog award from Linda over at Truthful Tidbits! Linda is so sweet and I just love reading her blog. It really inspires me. The blog award is the Lemonade Award and its awarded for having an Attitude of Gratitude. It's awarded to someone who's been through something and has made "lemonade" from lemons.

Although I can't say I've been through as hard of a life as other people I know, it's still been a journey to get to the place where I am today. I am God's work in progress, and I am comitted to taking my relationship with the Lord to the next level. As I've mentioned here before, some days are harder than others. It's easy to let others speak negative things into your life and then in turn believe the things the things you've been told. There are many days when I have to repeat to myself over an over the promises the Lord has for me: I'm blessed and not cursed, I will live and not die, I am more than a conqueror. Linda, thank you for this award. I know the rules of the award are that I'm supposed to pass it on to 10 other people, but if it's okay with you, I think I'm going to wait a while, so that I can figure out who I really want to give this this award to.

Well I know I had a lot to talk about today, so thanks for bearing with me! And...if you happen to be thinking about me and the girls today, would you please pray that the Lord would be with us and help my Alyssa to feel better? I have been laying hands on her all weekend but she's just not feeling like herself. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday Mom. We love you so much!!!

and...

Congrats to my blogging friend Christy, who gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Friday. Welcome, Baby Cora!!!

2 comments:

The Pifer's said...

Awww thank you so much for the kind words, and linking my page...you are amazing...I am so blessed to have met you and to be able to call you my friend!!!! God Bless you sweetie!!! :)

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness.....you should see my house right now! I did NOTHING this weekend and it looks horrible! Ha!! Good for you for getting yours in order. Thanks so much for sharing that story about Tiffany.....that is so awesome!! I love stories like that!

I am praying for Alyssa to feel better soon! Can't wait for the blog reveal tomorrow.....I am dying to put your button on my blog! LOL

Kristin