Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Confession

Okay, I've got a confession. It's been something that's been eating at me all week, and maybe I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have come to face the facts that I am well...a blogaholic. I have been glued to my computer for the past few days and haven't seen much of "the outside world." I have been feeling so guilty for not doing everything else that could/should be done. Especially in the area of spending quality time with my girls. It's just so easy to have them play together or watch a video instead of spending time really interacting with them like I should.

In spite of it all, all is not lost, because the girls and I actually made it out of the house today! Yeah for us. Preschool storytime at our local library just started up again and today was the first day. The great thing about it is that it's free and Alyssa gets to spend time with other kids her age. It's good practice for what life will be like when she starts school next year. The reading time session lasts for six weeks, so for the next five Thursdays we'll be making the trek to the Library.

When we started our day this morning I wasn't even sure if we were going to make it because Alyssa seemed a little under the weather last night. She was running a bit of a temperature last night but I gave her a little bit of Tylenol and we prayed together. I was happy when I found out she was feeling better this morning because I was really looking forward to getting her back to storytime. The last time we had enrolled was back before Christmas and Alyssa was getting used to going to the Library every week. Because of the fact that the girls were back-to-back sick for almost two months, we hadn't been able to make it to Storytime until now. I am so glad we made it afterall today because Alyssa had a great time, and Audrey and I got to spend some one-on-one time with each other too!

What's great about our library is that it's brand new. The town I live in is really not that big, so when the new library opened up back in October, it was a big deal. Here's a picture I took of the library this morning while I was waiting at the stop light across the street.

Pretty nice, huh?

Usually during the time that Alyssa is in storytime, Audrey and I just hang out and wait for her since it's only a 30 minute session. Today I brought my camera along to see if I could get a few pictures of the girls since I have been terrible about taking pictures lately. Here's a picture of my little girl looking out the window of the Library. I just can't believe how big she's getting!!

Well, the week is almost over so I'm thinking about taking a little bloggy break soon. I think it will be good to catch up on everything else and spend time with the family.


What I really want to know is, am I the only one who has a problem being addicted to the computer or can anyone else out there relate? How do you all manage the time spent on the computer? What works for you? I'd love to hear any suggestions...

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have been addicted to blogging lately too! I think it's mostly cuz I am so concerned for little Stellan and I want to stay connected...but also because I just get sucked into it. I try to get out and do something a couple times during the week so I'm out of the house and away from my computer. I also cloth diaper my daughter, so there's always laundry I have to keep up on. If I notice I'm spending too much time on the computer, I'll take a day off and make a point to do other things. Glad your library visit went so well. I can't wait till I can take my daughter to storytime at our library!

The Pifer's said...

I am WAY addicted to the computer--esp. BLOGGING haha!!! I try to get on first thing in the morning at work, throughout the day if I can, and well when I get home. Unlike most I don't have much going on in the evenings, no kids...just my hungry husband who I feed, then my puppies, then we go walking...haha! Ask this again when I have a kido, it might be harder for me to manage time :)

XOXO,
Tiff

Oh and Julie is working on my a blog right now, I AM SOOOOOO excited!!! :)

Julie said...

Well...you know my answer! :) I'm using bad/cold weather as my excuse. When I use that this summer you'll know I have a problem! LOL!

Love Stellan's name in yarn! How creative!

Kristin said...

I am addicted too and I think it's just because we genuinely have come to care about our friends in blogland. It's hard not to want to check on them and see how they're doing, but I have got to limit my time too.

I'm so glad you were able to get out today!

I was laughing about your Starbucks comment on my blog!! I am so cheap, I just get the plain jane coffee, but I love it. There's just something about Starbucks that comforts me! LOL I used to get frappuccions all the time, thus my need for joining Weight Watchers last week! Ha

Have a great weekend!
(Stellan's name looked great!)

Kristin

Linda said...

Veronica,
I used to only check blogs on Weds. when I did the Weds. Walk.
But now that I have met so many nice people I do some checking in on them when I see that they have posted.

I also joined in on Tuesdays Together In The Word this week, and I loved sharing views on the scriptures for that day, and what the Lord was showing us as we read them. It was great. But this blog thingy can get addicting.

It's almost midnight and my hubby just poked his head in here and said he is going to bed,...so I had better get off this computer and head to bed too.

But I wanted to tell you that I went to the Winner Is post,..and I watched the video and heard your voice. It was fun to actually hear you talking to your little girls,...and to all of us in blogworld.

I might have to add you to my list of adopted daughters! You and Kristin!

Love, Mom Ha!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful library!!!!

Seriously it's hard not to get addicted. You find blogs that you like to read and when they comment you feel like you have to or it's rude. Then you're constantly checking for updates because if you don't the you get incredibly far behind and it's very difficult to catch up!!! I'm right there with you...it can actually be stressful!

Kristin said...

LOL! I just read Linda's comment!! I would gladly be her adopted daughter! Hee hee!!