Well, the weekend is finally over and oh too soon! It's back to work today. On Saturday night, all I had the strength to do was contain the aftermath of the party. We had missed church last Sunday so I tried to focus on making sure we would get there yesterday. We almost didn't make it, again, but we scrambled to get ready and we did make it. I am so glad that we are getting out there again, but I have been struggling so much with missing my old church. The people at this new church are so friendly. I also love the Sunday School class they have for Alyssa's age group. They actually learn a Bible story and work on a project, instead of just play with toys like some other churches have children do at this age. Now that she's almost four, we have really been struggling with finding things for her to do that will stimulate her mind. Since we don't qualify for the state funded preschools (they say we make too much money which I just laught at) I am not able to put her in preschool. She has been begging me to put her in school but I just can't afford it right now. I did put her on the state funded preschool list and I am praying that the Lord will open up a door. It could happen!!!
Back to church, I have been praying that the Lord will give me a peace about where he wants us. I guess I just got used to the way things were at my old church. It's just hard to consider going back...the 40 minute drive and the fact that our kids won't be growing up with the other kids they meet there in church. Oh, it's just so hard.
Well, I'd better get going. I've got piles everywhere. Gotta finish putting away all things party related. I'll get a little break until June when Alyssa has her birthday. Oh yeah, I also wanted to mention that I'm back at crocheting this week if anyone is still interested in placing a hat order. Thanks again to all of you who have already ordered. I hope you are all enjoying the hats.
Oh...one more thing. I was kinda thinking since Easter is right around the corner I might do a hat giveaway. What do you all think? Is anyone out there interested in something like this? I was thinking about doing either a Ribbed Beanie or Basic Beanie with ruffled trim. I was kinda thinking that it would be best to let the winner pick the style/color/size. What do you guys think? I think it would be fun do the giveaway sometime this week since Easter is only in just a few short weeks. Leave me a comment...tell me what you think!!!
P.S. I've decided to be a copycat and add a prayer list to my sidebar like I've seen on a couple of the other blogs I read. If you know anyone who needs prayer and you'd like me to add them to my prayer list, please let me know. I know there are some mighty Prayer Warriors out there that can join in and intercede for those who need a special touch from the Lord!!!
5 comments:
Veronica,
I hope you will come to love your new church or that you will find one close by that you do love. I am praying we find one soon too. I am like you, I don't want to hop from church to church. It gets so discouraging. I just want to find one so that I can get to know everyone and be comfortable with going there.
Do they have any mothers day out programs at any of the churches near you? That's what I put my girls in. It was very inexpensive and they went Monday thru Thursday from 9-12. It gave them a chance to interact with other kids and they had bible based curriculum too.
I think an Easter give-away sounds like fun. You reminded me that Easter is just right around the corner! I hope I find a church I like by then!!
Ooh! A contest sounds like so much fun! I hope I win! ;) Can't wait to put Cora's beanie on her. Won't be long now.
Let me tell you..I think being behind these days is par for the course!
I think giveaway is a wonderful idea..whoever wins is incredibly lucky though!!!!! You are so incredibly talented..what an awesome gift!
Hi Veronica :) I saw your comment on Kristin's page and thought I'd just drop in and introduce myself - I'm Jami from jamimania. Like you... our family is trying to find a good church home. We've visited so many... but none of them seem to be a good fit for a myriad of reasons. My husband is an ordained pastor, but not currently pastoring a church. When we moved here 4 years ago, we left an awesome church behind. (my husband was the Saturday night pastor) We LOVED it. It was the most genuine, amazing worship I've ever experienced. The music was dynamic and the Lord was doin' a mighty work there, yet we felt led to move. I miss the people most of all, I just crave the fellowship of Christian women. I guess that's why I enjoy my blog friends so much. I hope everything works out for your family... don't give up! God knows your need and will show you the right house of worship.
By the way... your hats are adorable!!! Love the brown one with the flower, that's so sweet. :) You are blessed with talent, girl! :) I think a drawing would be really fun! Best of luck with your business. :)
Thanks for the comments, guys. I will work on setting up the official contest on my next post. Since not that many people comment on my blog the chances for winning are pretty good!!!
Post a Comment