So last night as I was working on a few hats and listening to the news, I started to get a little depressed. Stories of fires, the economy and local teacher layoffs got me a little down. A little later, I got to the computer and found out about a new urgent prayer request for Baby Veiyah
and my heart began to hurt.
So many things for have changed for me over the last few days. The Lord has taken me to a place I've never been before. I feel the tremendous burden to pray for so many people that I would have never even known about had the Lord not led me to go cruising around the internet one day. I have been touched by being able to share in the lives of other people in this new blogging adventure. I feel honored to be a part of something so big...the internet...my new blogging friends...this entire body of Christ I had never even known about until just recently.
Well, the bad news all around us is enough to get you down and keep you there. But wait, there's hope! We know an all sufficient Savior...Jesus! I know it can be rough for those of us who worry about how we are going to make ends meet in these uncertain times. My hubby works in Construction, and to those of you who know about the trades, you know that this field has also been affected by our recent economic situation. I know at times it can get a little scary. How will we make it all work? There is only one answer to that question....HAVE FAITH. I have struggled with this for so long. It is so easy to take on the cares of the world. We think we are doing something about it by worrying, but in the process, the devil is getting all the glory. I am reminded that the Lord said in his word, I will never leave you nor forsake you.
Never have I understood faith more than when I became a mother. Actually it started with the pregnancy, before the girls were even born. As my mom has said to me many times...Motherhood is the true test of faith. So many worries, so many uncertainties. And it doesn't end when the pregnancy is over and you get to bring your baby home. Worry can eat you alive, if you let it. I do not know about you but I am not going to let the devil steal my joy another second. God has his hand upon your life, and mine, and all he asks of us to do is...Cast all your cares upon me.
Well, sorry for all of the rambling today...I warned you all there would be days like this. I'm gonna get going now...more hats to work on, laundry to be folded, and a dog to be fed! Oh, and to those of you who have been asking about where to find cool hat patterns, I am working on that for a future post. Talk to everyone later!
2 comments:
I was right along with you last night. I was so upset and worried about Veiyah and felt alittle down all night. Hope you're feeling alittle better today :)
Veronica,
I am right there with you, about feeling like I discovered this whole world of strong Christian women when I discovered blogging. It's great, isn't it! It really lifts my spirits to read others blogs when I get the urge to worry about things beyond my control. It makes me feel like a part of something wonderful!
I love hearing about how you're getting lots of orders for your hats! I'm trying to get a business going too, and I know how exciting it is to create something that people really love. I wish you all the luck with your new business!
Your little girls are just so precious!
Kristin from TX
Post a Comment