This morning was the last meeting of the month for my MOPS group!
Since I'm really behind in sharing life stuff on the blog, I haven't shared on here that this semester at MOPS, I was given a new "job" and I love it! It's a position called "Care & Prayer" and in some groups it's also called "Hospitality." Over the last few months, I've been really blessed to be able to make connections with the girls in our group in this new role. My heart in this job has been about growing our group and making it a place where moms feel welcome and can make connections that will last a long time. It's through MOPS that I've found myself again and have also gotten the support I need to keep chugging along on the most difficult days in my life.
At MOPS, I also get to coordinate girls nights out, park play dates and get to make cupcakes to celebrate birthdays! We celebrate birthdays every other month and today was our day to celebrate three birthdays. I made these cupcakes today....
I've been having a lot of fun using this new french tip I hardly ever use. Since I don't usually have a lot of time to get all fancy, the piping tip helps my cupcakes to look a little cuter than just your average frosting technique. I've had several friends ask about the tips I use so this afternoon I took a picture of my two favorite tips, so you can see them and possibly find them at your local cake decorating store. They are from the brand Ateco and are #'s 809 and 869.
At MOPS today, we also had a guest speaker that came to talk with us about intimacy in marriage. I won't go into specifics on everything we talked about, but I think it was a really great talk. Our speaker touched on so many good points and encouraged us to really prioritize that part of our marriage. So many people are afraid to talk about the S-word and I really think it was great that we had someone to encourage us to to put our husbands first and work hard at meeting that need. She made a really great point when she shared that our husbands came first and therefore we must keep them our priority, which is SO true!
6 comments:
Your precious cupcakes always make me want to try to make some. . . then I remember how pitiful mine always look! Maybe i should invest in those piping tips and a piping bag (is that even the correct term? I've always used a ziploc bag. pitiful.)
As for the other S word. . . GIRL. I did a Bible Study last fall called What's It Like to be Married to Me. One chapter was on the s word, and it opened my eyes so very much. It was freeing in so many ways. We've joked that it may bring about a baby boom in our group!! :)
how great!! i was asked to coordinate help for a friend at church who is pregnant and has a massive sinus infection, and a husband who travels a lot for work.i LOVE it. and it makes me feel useful since we live a half hour away from everyone. :) i agree on making our husbands first (well after God) and it makes our family so much better for it. i also think it's great you had a speaker on the s** word. it's something that WAY too many people are afraid to talk about. :) ps. i need to email you back, which i will be doing soon!
Last year we had a mini Weekend to Remember by Family Life at our church called The Art of Marriage. There was one entire section on the "s" word and, though it made us all squirm a little at first, it was so refreshing to hear about it from a godly perspective, because it is a beautiful God-given gift to marriage and scripture does tell us to enjoy each other. :) I think it NEEDS to be talked about in the church, of all places, because it is too often made to be a dirty, inappropriate thing in the world, when it is a beautiful, wonderful part of marriage. :)
Love the cupcakes. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new position in MOPS. I really enjoy it when we have speakers that come to talk about marriage. Always refreshing to be given "permission" to work on your marriage when you have small kids at home too.
Yum, cupcakes. And the frosting looks really neat on them. It'd be cool to see you on cupcake wars! ;)
I'm glad you are enjoying your new responsibilit w/ MOPS. I'm sure you're great at it!
Those cupcakes are the cutest!!
We did a three week segment at church last year about sex. Some of the elders at church didn't attend. I guess it was just way too much for them! Lol!
I like your new look! I always read your posts from my google reader so this is the first time I've actually seen the header in a while!
Post a Comment