Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh Christmas tree!

It only took me two days and a zillion interruptions, but I finally got our Christmas tree decorated!  I recycled some old ornaments I had from a couple years back since the Hubs banned me from buying new ornaments this year.  Ha! I love doing different color schemes every year (last year was teal and purple) but since I couldn't buy anything new this year, I just went back to hot pink and silver.  I  like to add our "special" ornaments on after I put all the regular ones on and I think they add a special touch to the tree. The only sad part this year while decorating was putting on the "new house 2007" ornament.  For a second there I felt like maybe it shouldn't be a part of the collection anymore, since we lost the house this year, but I decided to leave it up anyway.  It's a part of our story and doesn't need to be erased, necessarily.

I came across this link on Pinterest the other day to a blog where the gal took an awesome picture of her Christmas tree looking like it was glowing with a zillion lights! I thought it looked so pretty, so I decided to play with my camera settings to see if I could get the same result and after a few tries, I think I got it!  


The tree looks like it's glowing so bright and really, it only has like three strings of lights on there!

Well, I was hoping to write more tonight but I am getting so super sleepy! I guess I'd better call it a night and start fresh again in the morning!

7 comments:

Maryellen said...

I agree, you made the correct choice with your home ornament. You had happy times there. Those memories are with you forever. Some things are with us for a season. You have years ahead of wonderful memories to create and add to your tree.

HappyascanB said...

The tree is beautiful! Love the way it glows!!!

I agree with putting up the new home ornament. It was your home, and it is a part of your beautiful story.

Love!

Linda said...

I like to think of our lives as our "testimonies" of how God gets us through things! It is by His mercy and His great faithfulness that we are not consumed by all of the stressful trials in our lives. Yes...Great is His Faithfulness and His mercies are new every morning.

Your story inspires me Ver...and I am sure many others. You live your life by faith in the Almighty God. You share your hope and your joy! You are so much fun, so cute, so bubbly! We all love you so much!

None of us know what the future holds...but we know WHO holds the future! Day by day He walks us through and gives us strength. You have shown great trust in Him. I am so proud of your walk of faith!

And looking at this beautiful glowing Christmas tree I know you have much to be thankful for...and many blessings to count. I count you as a great blessing in my life.

I love you and I know God has a purpose and a plan for all He has allowed in your life.

Hang that ornament in worshipful praise to the God who holds you in His hand, just like you can hold that 2007 "New Home" ornament in your hand.

I venture to say that there may be more "new homes" in your future. And if not...I know He will bless you with perfect contentment. Just give it all to him sweetie.

I love your honesty...and your open heart. You are the "real deal". God loves you and so do all of your readers.

Thanks for always inspiring us to just be humble and real before God.

Love, Momma Linda

Caroline said...

Love the tree so beautiful !!!

I also agree with putting up the home ornament.

Julie said...

Ooooo...looks good! I see nothing wrong with hanging up the home ornament.

Holly said...

love your tree! makes me feel warm and cozy

Unknown said...

So I have a few of those new home ornaments with different dates because of us moving so much. It is sad at times because we had great memories in each home and I miss them but you're totally right to keep it and hang it. Even with the house gone, you still have all the great memories created while there. It won't be the last new home ornament you have - there will be more. :) When you're old and gray you'll laugh when you look back at all the places you called "Home". Love you Ver! Danielle