Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tea and a few other Christmas-y things!

Last night I got to attend a Christmas Tea at the church where I attend MOPS. It was my second year in a row getting to go and I really enjoyed myself!  It was a fun night of hanging out with friends, sipping on tea, snacking on yummy finger foods, Christmas carol singing and fun raffles!

I felt so empty handed while I was there because I didn't bring my phone or my camera! What a bad blogger, right? :) I was in such a hurry to get out the door, I forgot my camera and then my Hubby wanted to use the Bible app on my phone, so I had to leave it at home!  I did luck out and my friend Sonia got this picture of our friend Kirstin and me!


We attend MOPS together and I've had the privilege of getting to know Kirstin better over the last few months. She is one of my favorite people and has the most beautiful heart. I don't think I've ever met a person who loves to bless and serve others as much as Kirstin!

Kirstin is our MOPS "craft girl" and is the one who always comes up with all the fun crafts I'm always posting about.  She found and met a local craft blogger who makes so neat things and that's where she got the inspiration for these gumball machines we made at MOPS last week.




They were so fun and easy to make!  Just some paint, a terra cotta bowl, a wooden ball and a glass bowl!  So super easy and fun!  Our friend Sonia made several larger versions for centerpieces at the Tea last night and they turned out SO cute!

And speaking of Christmas and crafty stuff...I got an order from another friend for some Christmas scarves for her two little girls.  I hadn't done little girl scarves in a long time but they were fun and easy to make and I was even able to do some for my girls too!



I've been going through my Christmas-y stuff these last few days, trying to figure out just where to put all my old Betty Boop ornaments!  I have quite a collection from over the years, which started way before our girls came along.


Since my birthday is so close to Christmas (it's next Monday already!), I've received several as birthday presents!  I love them but hate how cheaply they're made.  Example of that...note the broken off hand at the bottom of the picture. Add in my curious little girls and well, it's been a recipe for disaster with more Betty casualties! So sad!

And speaking of casualties...my laptop decided to finally give out on my after being abused by my girls just a little too much!  My hubby agreed to let me get a new laptop as my birthday/Christmas present and I was thrilled when it came in over the weekend!


It feels so good to type on a keyboard without 11 keys missing! :)

Well, I'm so excited that my birthday is just around the corner! I was just telling my Hubby tonight that I'm starting to feel old and that I'm in denial that I'm gonna be 32 already, lol!  Would it be wrong to just go around and say that I'm 30?!? :)

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

What fun! I'm having a mom's night out with my MOPS group next week and a date night this week with my hubby. I can't wait! It is JUST what I need.

Those scarves are ADORABLE! I need to pull out my knitting needles again and make some scarves for the kids. :)

Maybe you could get a mini tree just for your Betty ornaments? Poor Betty! ;)

And hooray for a new laptop! I just got a "new"ish one from my dad. Still trying to figure out how to set up our wireless though...and hoping that someday, somehow we can retrieve all my photos off our broken external hard-drive...

Kristin said...

LOL...in my email to you I asked what you made at craft night and totally had forgotten that it was the candy dish. Just ignore that part of my email. Ha!!

I love that pic of you and your friend....she sounds like an amazing lady! I'm glad you had fun!

Love your Betty ornaments! And yay for a full keyboard with no keys missing! :D

I love your Christmas look on your blog!

Kristin said...

Love those scarves too!!

Lindy said...

Cute scarves, love the candy dish, and LOVE that you got a new computer!

Linda said...

Yay for the new computer! That's awesome!

Your Betty Boop ornaments are cute. As I told you, I used to collect Betty stuff too. My Momma used to call me Betty Boop sometimes. Ha!

So glad you got to go to the Tea Party! Busy moms need times like that to relax and have some fun. And Mops is fun for you too...and I know you enjoy doing the crafts.

So glad you and Kirstin have become good friends. She sounds nice!

Your scarves are pretty. I think scarves are so much fun....and they keep ya warm and cozy too! (:>)

I hope you will enjoy your Birthday. 30's are a good time of life. (I loved forties too!) So embrace this time of life sweetie they are some of the best days!

Momma

Unknown said...

What a fun Mommy night out! All the crafts you make are awesome! I hear ya on the new computer! I would totally say I am 30, ha!

Jenilee said...

Fun, fun post!!! Merry Christmas :) Your blog just FEELS Christmasy!

HappyascanB said...

What fun! Ditto what Jenilee said, too!!

LOVE those scarves!!

Holly said...

what a cool gumball machine craft!! love it!

and those scarves looks so warm!! and they are awesomely cute too!