I always look forward to MOPS days so much because it's a chance for me to get to hang out with friends and get a little break from the busyness of motherhood.
This morning I left the house feeling super anxious due to some things we've been experiencing with Audrey lately. Among a bunch of other things, she's been having some issues with me leaving her with non-family members lately and yesterday was a challenge for us when it came time to dropping her off at her class at church. I was so thankful this morning, having my girlfriends there just to talk things out. Nothing big was solved and I was still left with some concerns and questions, but I'm feeling a lot more hopeful now. I'm just gonna keep on praying for wisdom and also that I can be the mom that Audrey (and my other girls) need me to be. This age has been so challenging for all of us!
While at MOPS today, I was so excited to get to meet a new addition to our little MOPS family. My friend Melissa, who had her baby last month was able to come back today with her new little guy. I got to hold him and was just amazed at how tiny he is. It feels like my life with babies was so far away from where I am now considering my "baby" is now almost 19 months old!
On any given MOPS day, we either have a craft or a guest speaker and today was a craft day. We made these fun pumpkin lanterns.
| This is mine after I added another layer of mod podge to the outside. |
Today I also got to bring a breakfast casserole and decided to use my friend Wren's recipe for this easy sausage casserole. Here's the only pic I have of what it looked like from the leftovers from this morning. I got to have some for lunch with a little salad and it was good!
As I was preparing the casserole last night, my thoughts went to Wren. I don't know if you've read it on her support page already, but they found out that the cancer has spread to her lungs and they changed her status from stage 3 to 4. I find myself lost in thought about her a lot these days and each time she comes to mind, I say another prayer. She starts a new round of chemo treatments this week and today was Day 1 for that. Please continue to keep her in your prayers and remember that you can still read updates on her church's site HERE.
Thanks so much again to everyone for praying!
P.S. I also wanted to share another prayer request. Our cousin just delivered her second baby, a little girl last week and has been having some complications. I can't really go into all the details but the latest is that they've discovered a murmur in her heart and are talking about the possibility of heart surgery if the murmur doesn't close up with the help of medication. Please keep little Brooklyn in your prayers as we are believing for a complete healing to her body in the name of Jesus!
4 comments:
Saying many prayers for everyone.
Everything looks wonderful also.
The casserole looks yummy! I can't believe Livvie is 19 months! Sheesh!
Praying for Brooklyn & Wren.
Didn't you have a picture of the MOPS baby on here? I remember seeing a picture of a little one, which totally gave me baby fever...even though I already have one. Lol!
Love the pumkin lantern! How fun! Kyndra would like that I'm sure.
Post a Comment