Friday, November 19, 2010

Show Your Helping Hand (Raising awareness and a giveaway)!

Note:  This giveaway is now closed!

You may have noticed when coming to my blog this week that I put up this new button on my sidebar...


Today I wanted to share more about "Show Your Helping Hand" and host a great little giveaway courtesy of  Hamburger Helper though MyBlogSpark.

According to the organization Feeding America, approximately 5.7 million different people receive emergency food assistance from the organization in any given week. Talk about a big number!

In an effort to raise awareness about the national issue of hunger, Hamburger Helper is partnering together with Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actor Tim McGraw to help Feeding America deliver millions of meals to local food banks through the "Show Your Helping Hand" campaign.  McGraw will be featured in an upcoming Public Service Announcement which will air nationwide that you can check out HERE.

After reading what I shared above, you may be wondering to yourself how you can help to support this campaign.  It's as easy as submitting the codes from specially maked boxes of Hamburger Helper at http://www.showyourhelpinghand.com/ or by logging on to make a donation.  Hamburger Helper has already donated more than half a million dollars and will contribute up to an additional $100,000 to Feeding America through this special program.

And...just in case you're thinking that one code will make a difference...The 17 cents Hamburger Helper donates per code is enough for Feeding America to deliver one meal to a local food bank.  Every little bit truly does help!

Now...onto the giveaway!

One winner will receive a box of Hamburger Helper skillet meals, a Hamburger Helper foam “Helping Hand” and a copy of Tim McGraw’s “Southern Voice” CD.  You can check out Alyssa modeling all the items since we were also sent this same prize pack!
To enter in...

Just leave a comment here on this post sharing how you plan to help show a helping hand this holiday season to those around you in need.  Do you have a special tradition or something you do with your family to help out another family in need?  I'd love to hear about it!

For additional entries...

*Follow my blog using Google Friend Connect.

*Blog/Facebook/Tweet this giveaway.

For every item you do, be sure to leave a separate comment so that I can use Random.org to select the winner!

I'll leave the giveaway open until Tuesday, November 23rd, at 11:59 p.m. PST and I'll announce the winner sometime on Wednesday the 24th.

Happy entering and also...for all you Tim McGraw fans out there, be sure to visit http://www.showyourhelpinghand.com/ and enter for a chance to win an autographed copy of Tim McGraw’s “Southern Voice” CD!

Disclosure:  I was provided a prize package for me and one winner, and the information for this post all through Hamburger Helper through MyBlogSpark!  Thanks so much to Hamburger Helper for the fun package!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always take a minute to give what I can to the Salvation Army kettles when I see one. I donate canned goods, coats, and toys to local drives :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Anonymous said...

Publicly following It's "A" Sweet Life with Google Friend Connect [Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug}]
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Anonymous said...

Shared the giveaway on Facebook
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Jenilee said...

I had to comment just to say how CUTE she is modeling your giveaway! :) what a doll! Our church is doing a another big outreach working with Goodwill and buying clothes, toys and food for 50 families around our church. gonna be fun! and our girls ministries is doing a baby shower for a crisis pregnancy center instead of a big Christmas party. can't wait!

Kristin said...

What a neat prize! I love that picture of Alyssa.....so cute! Kaylee just took some canned goods to school today for the local food bank :)

Kristin said...

I follow you (and Jesus too). Haha!

Caroline said...

My children's school has a food drive every Oct at Halloween time. It last 2 wks and every child is to take a can a day. That's only 10 cans a student. I always donate 5 packs of diapers and baby food and wipes. Something they don't normally get. I do that in memory of my 2 babies I lost.

Caroline

Caroline said...

I follow you

Caroline

Caroline said...

I shared this on facebook and I forgot the picture is so cute.

Caroline

Stephanie said...

I am hoping to do one of the shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse, but I have to figure out a drop off location yet. I want my kids to be involved in picking out gifts for it when they are older, but, for now, I'm just going to do a shoebox for each kid. My mom's family also decided years ago to do an adopt the family instead of exchanging gifts. In recent years we've adopted my cousin's widow and his two children. It has been such a blessing to see how my family comes together to help each other out.

Stephanie said...

I follow your blog. ;)

Holly said...

Our church is collecting coats, hats, gloves, etc for families so I'll be doing that!

Holly said...

i follow you!

The Mommy-Files said...

I love to choose a family in need and surprise them with holiday goodies...whether it's food, toys, gift cards, you name it. I love this time of year! :)

The Mommy-Files said...

I follow your blog girl! :)