Thursday, November 18, 2010

Butterball Turkey gift check giveaway...a SUPER FAST ONE!

Note:  This giveaway is now closed!

November has flown by and I can hardly believe that we only have one week to go until Thanksgiving!  Are you ready?  I'm getting really excited about the chance to spend some quality time with family and eating some yummy food too! 

Every year it's pretty much tradition for us to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. For the last several years, my mom, my sisters and I have taken turns hosting Thanksgiving dinner at each of our houses.  Last year we had it here at our house and that's the plan again for this year.  Since we're the ones with the most kids, we volunteered to have it here to make things a little easier!  Holidays are always so hectic for us and my Hubby and I decided this year that we're going to make things simple and just enjoy the day without running around making the rounds to everyone else's houses like we usually do. 

The plan for this year, like every year, is to divide up the cooking responsibilities amongst all of us girls.  I usually make the ham and my sisters and I work together to make the other side dishes.  Traditionally my mom is in charge of making the turkey and stuffing, so that's the plan again for this year.  A couple of years back, I made sure to ask my mom to show me how to make a turkey so that I'd know what to do when the time came for her to "pass the torch."  For some reason, I always had this idea in my head that making the turkey was so hard.  As it turns out, it really isn't that difficult.  It is a process when you add in the time spent to make dressing and stuff the turkey, but in the end, the time spent is totally worth it!  This year, I'm really looking forward to eating our Butterball turkey and my grandma's recipe for dressing that has been a family favorite for years!


Today I am SO excited to be able to share in the Thanksgiving excitement with a special giveaway!  Butterball has provided me with TWO gift checks for $15 off a Butterball turkey to give away to TWO readers of my blog just in time for Thanksgiving this year!  I just received them in the mail yesterday, and I was just so excited to be able to do this!  I know this will be a blessing to who ever ends up winning these gift checks!

To enter into this giveaway...

--Leave me a comment here on this post sharing a special Thanksgiving memory or blooper you have!

Here's mine...
Like I was mentioning earlier, in years past, we've all taken turns having Thanksgiving at different houses. One particular year, we were having Thanksgiving at our house and my mom had brought over the turkey that she made at her house.  My Hubby was helping her bring it into the house and he lost his footing in our front entryway and dropped the turkey on the floor!!!  Thankfully, when it landed on the tile, it stayed in the tray, so we were still able to eat it!  To this day, I'm not even sure if anyone else even saw what happened, but I just remember being so mad at my Hubby!  How do you just drop the turkey on the ground, lol!

For additional entries...


*Follow my blog using Google Friend Connect.

*Blog/Facebook/Tweet this giveaway.

For every item you do, be sure to leave a separate comment so that I can use Random.org to select the two winners.

And that's it! I'll be leaving this giveaway open until this Friday, November 19th at 12:00 noon PST and I'll announce the winner by Friday evening.  I'm sorry that I can't leave the giveaway open longer but I want to get the gift checks in the mail ASAP once the winners have been selected since Thankgiving is already next week!

I also wanted to remind everyone who wants to enter that you DO NOT have to have a blog to enter in.  If you've never left a comment here before, it's super easy.  Just click on the words below this post that say "Sweet Comments" and leave your comment.  If you don't have a Google account set up, simply select "Anomymous" for the identity and just be sure to leave your name and email address if I don't already have a way to contact you (be sure to enter it like this if you do...theveronicablog (at) gmail (dot) com...to prevent spam) within the body of the comment so that I can contact you if need be!

Thanks so much and happy entering!  Remember...this is a super fast giveaway so be sure to enter in today!!!

Disclosure: I was given a gift check of my own in exchange for hosting this awesome giveaway. Thanks so much to Butterball for this opportunity!

33 comments:

Jenilee said...

oh no! dropping the turkey?? LOL what a memory! Uhmm... my first thanksgiving with Jeremy's family - when we were dating - we had PIZZA for thanksgiving dinner!!!! yes, PIZZA! crazy right? but that is the Goodwin family!

Jenilee said...

I follow with GFC!

Jenilee said...

I tweeted!

Lindy said...

I follow!

Lindy said...

I wish I had a funny story about myself or my turkey but I don't. Our last year of seminary my mom and sister were trying to break the wishbone and it just wouldn't snap. We thought it was pretty funny that nobody got a wish that year. Maybe after I've hosted longer I will have a funny story!:)

Jodi Lansink said...

How fun!! My memories are just being with my side of the family always at our house. I have carried on the tradition, but every year Thanksgiving is at my house now!

Unknown said...

This didn't happen to me per se, but my mom forgot to unstuff the turkey before cooking it one year and we had everyone coming over to our house for dinner! When my dad went to carve it, he found it all in there! Gag!!

Unknown said...

I follow you!! Thanks!

HornFamily said...

Made a yummy pecan dessert to bring to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving... stayed up late making it perfect and put them on a nice platter to look pretty covered it. I left the whole thing at home and drove 3 hours to my grandma's without it! whoops.

Candi Ladwig said...

My favorite Thanksgiving was 2 years ago when my baby was just a few days old my Dad and his wife invited all the family (on all sides) to my house and brought the WHOLE feast with them! It was so nice to be with family when we were unable to travel!

Caroline said...

My favorite memory is when I was little spending the whole day with my grandparents and cousins eating watching football and drawing names for the christmas exchange. Just being together.

Caroline

Caroline said...

I follow you

Caroline said...

I Facebooked it !!

Caroline

Angela said...

A special memory for me is the first Thanksgiving I spent with my husband's family. We had only been dating a couple of months, and I wasn't sure how he felt about me. Being invited to meet his entire large family mad me think it might be a good sign. I can remember him introducing me as his girlfriend. We've been married 20 years, and I still remember how special that felt!

Angela said...

I am a follower.

Angela said...

My tweet: http://twitter.com/MrsMowItAll/status/5341946969063424

I'm sorry about the duplicate comments--not sure what happened.

Stephanie said...

LOL! That is a hilarious memory! For many years, we've celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom's family in October, so we only had one family to visit on Thanksgiving. In the morning, we would watch the Macy's parade and then help my mom make lunch. We invited my mom's parents and her aunt Carlyne over and we would all have a light Thanksgiving lunch together. Then, we would head out to my dad's parents for Thanksgiving dinner. Now, Ted and I have to choose between going to visit his family in Michigan or staying in Wisconsin with my family. For the past two years we stayed here for Thanksgiving, but this year we are going to Michigan for Thanksgiving. I still remember the first Thanksgiving I spent with Ted's family, before we were even engaged. His mom had at least 10 pies that she made from scratch filling the kitchen table. We ate pies for every meal and they were AMAZING!

Stephanie said...

I follow you with GFC!

Stephanie said...

I shared this on Facebook.

Rosie said...

I bet your hubby never gets to carry the tueky anymore huh? LOL.

A few years ago we started a tradition to have a Thanksgiving meal and watch the Cowboys play after T-day w/just our friends. The first year though, we were making our 1st turkey ever & when
the time came to fry the turkey, we noticed it was still frozen. Who knew it took 2 days to thaw a turkey?! Oops!

Melissa said...

what a funny story!!! i bet your hubby cant carry the turkey anymore :)

i must be super boring but i have no funny stories or memories.

both of our parents are divorced so i cook a big thanksgiving dinner here at our house for our dads. we do easter with our moms. lol and every year the two dads come to our house and we just sit around watching football eating turkey and barely talk. now that we have kids...they entertain us more :) yep we are boring lol

Melissa said...

i tweeted about your giveaway :)

http://twitter.com/melsyke/status/5367627014742016

Lori said...

I left the little bag of giblets in the turkey and put the stuffing on top of it. When I was taking the stuffing out, here comes this gross little white bag of that icky stuff! It didn't ruin anything, just made me laugh!

Beth E. said...

The first year I cooked a turkey by myself, I left the bag of giblets in the cavity of the turkey! No gravy for us that year! lol

Beth E. said...

I am a follower!

Kristin said...

That was so funny about dropping the turkey! LOL! I was trying to leave you a comment when I was at school, but I couldn't sign into blogger for some reason. Anyways, this is a great giveaway! I don't really have any Thanksgiving bloopers, but we always just keep it low key with us and Morgan's parents and brother. I'm ready for some yummy food though!

Kristin said...

I follow your blog! :D And I think if I win, I'll just give the coupon to someone who needs it more than me!

Elisabeth said...

I have two favorite thanksgiving memories. One is from 1998 when we took our first trip to disney world. For me I always thought that to get in the christmas spirit it had to be cold. Well WDW prooved me wrong they already had the place decorated for christmas thanksgiving week and in one area they had the Osborne family festival of lights and they gave out 3-d like glasses that each light source you'd look at you'd see Angels. In some areas it was "snowing". We had thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant and compared to home it wasn't that great but we still had a wonderful trip.

And my other is the first thanksgiving dan and I were married it was also the first we'd ever spent together because before we were married we mantained a long distance relationship because his mom was ill and he was needed at home.

Elisabeth said...

I follow using GFC!

Elisabeth said...

I posted your giveaway on facebook ( would blog it but I know this will reach more people and they'll find it earlier)

Anonymous said...

The first turkey I attempted to cook burned -- the next was still half frozen, but I'm willing to try again :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Anonymous said...

Publicly following It's "A" Sweet Life with Google Friend Connect [Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug}]
http://scr.im/ladybugemail

Anonymous said...

Shared the giveaway on Facebook
http://scr.im/ladybugemail