Thursday, August 26, 2010

My new best friend!

Since it's bedtime for the girls, I will keep this post short and sweet, and leave you with a picture of my new best friend....
I feel like I should give her a name! :)
I was so excited last Saturday when my sis in law gave me her KitchenAid mixer!!!  She'd had it for a while but hardly ever used it so she decided to give it to me.  I've already been putting it to good use and look forward to making a ton more yummy things this weekend when I go to try out the chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting recipes by the ladies from DC Cupcakes!

Since I also mentioned the other day that I was going to be including a little giveaway when this new blog design was revealed, I need to mention that too.  After doing my cupcake vlog, several people thought it was neat that I had the extra large piping tip to ice my cupcakes.  I thought it would be fun to give one of those away!

I'm also thinking about adding a little extra something that's decorating related..either one my new Americolor gel pastes or maybe some disposable piping bags.  I still need to decide on that.

In the meantime...to enter to win, just leave me a comment here on this post and that's it!  I'll announce the winner on Monday along with the winner of my Back to school giveaway!

22 comments:

Kristin said...

Ooh....I LOVE it!! Another GREAT job by Julie!! She rocks! Love the colors and the title and the girls' pictures are so precious at the top. I love the alternating fonts too and their name tabs by their pics. Great idea and the whole thing just fits :)

You know, I have one of those mixers and I actually let Kathy borrow it for her bakery for those years she was in business. I think I've used it once. Maybe I should pull that thing out! I'll wait for you to post some blogs on how to use it first. Haha!

Love ya!

Misti said...

Love the new look!

Jodi Lansink said...

LOVE the new design!! I need to break down and have someone design one for me----but I am too cheap I guess! :) Love the mixer---I have wanted one forever---again...I guess I am too cheap! HA!!

Have a great weekend!

The Tesdalls said...

I love the new look and name of your blog...so cute! You will just LOVE your kitchenaid mixer. I LOVE mine so much!!!:)

{:miss v:} said...

VERY nice! I really really like it!

Since I already have the tip you're giving away, if I happen to win, you can pick another winner! Although, I'd love the food coloring if you end up choosing that to add to it! haha!

Good job! ;)

Lindy said...

I love it. The "sweet" new name is great.

Linda said...

Cute new look and title Veronica. Julie did a nice job. Such sweet pictures of the girls too.

Hey, your sister was sure generous to give you the mixer! That's great. I have black a Sunbeam mixer and I hardly ever use it! But I am not a baker. I do use it to make creamy mashed potatoes sometimes! (:>)

Hope you have a great day. John and I are going over to babysit for two little baby girls for a couple of hours this morning...so that will be fun.

Love you!
Momma Linda

Stephanie said...

LOOOOOVE it! What a great title too!

HappyascanB said...

LOVE it! It IS A Sweet life! :) I love how sweet your design is, too! FuN!!!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I love it! You both outdid yourselves this time!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Love the new look! Very sweet. :)

Becca said...

LOVE your new blog look! It is oh so very cute! The title fits just perfectly!

Brooke said...

LOVE your new blog design! Enjoy your new mixer - my kids decided I needed one too, so for my birthday they all went in - too sweet!

Lauren said...

love the new design!!! :)

My kitchen aid mixture is my best friend too! :)

Marci said...

I actually went to Hobby Lobby in hopes they would have that exact tip... they didn't. I still don't have one!!

Caroline said...

Love the new look & I love the mixer too. My sister got one for a wedding gift.

Caroline

Julie said...

Oooo...you know I want to win the decorator tip! The icing on my cupcakes looks pathetic! I'm SO excited about your baking label too! Woohoo! Next time I need to make cupcakes I'm clicking on it! :)

So glad you love the look! Had fun working with you...as always! Love the new title! It's perfect!

Jamie said...

Love the new look:) Your girls are adorable!!

I am SOO jealous your SIL gave you here mixer, I have wanted one of those for a long time, but I am too cheap to go buy one:) HA!! I LOVE to make cupcakes and this tip would be perfect!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so behind - I'm surprised that I even got on here tonight but I promise I'm trying to catch up!

Love your new blog - Julie did an awesome job.

Unknown said...

I love your "sweet" new look!! Awesome job, Julie! Now I am always going to be hungry or craving sweets when I look at your blog!!

Anna Gray said...

Oh I LOVE the new look! The title is awesome as well! Julie did a wonderful job on it. I really like the colors. Very pretty! =)

Holly said...

Love the whole new package!!