Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You are for me...the video

Last year right around this time I started listening to Christian music for the first time in my life.  I had been a "Christian" for all of my life, but for some reason listening to Christian music was very unappealing to me.  On the suggestion of a sweet blog friend, I started listening to KSBJ, a Christian radio station based out of Houston.  I'd listen to it while I was on the computer or crocheting and for the first time ever, I actually liked what I was hearing.  It was there on KSBJ that I heard Kari Jobe's voice for the first time and I immediately fell in love with her music.  I've talked about her on here before and even did a giveaway for her CD last year because I just loved her music so much and wanted to share it with others.  She has an amazing heart for the Lord and it's evident in the music she writes.

If you follow her on FB, you saw yesterday that she finally came out with her first music video.  It's for the song she sings called "You are For Me" and it's on of my very favorites of all her songs.  I thought I'd share it on here today in case you hadn't seen it yet...


I'm off to take Alyssa to day two of VBS and hopefully later on during naptime today I'll be back to post a great new giveaway!  Have a great Tuesday everybody!

8 comments:

HappyascanB said...

I love Kari Jobe, too! I actually found her almost 3 years ago via myspace of all places. My very favorite song of hers is Beloved. Oh, how I wanted that sung at our wedding! I searched high and low for sheet music of it . . . didn't find it. Anyway, her CD is pretty much always in my CD player at my office. LOVE IT!

Kristin said...

I was the same exact way. I had never understood why people listened to Christian music. I just thought it was something they did to "prove" they were Christian. And then last year I started listening to it and I can honestly say that I would not have grown like I did in my walk with the Lord without it. I have found that through music is my deepest way of connecting and worshiping. I would be lost without it.

Every time I listen to Kari Jobe, I think of you and our friendship, because I heard about her from you. I will never forget buying her CD on one of my trips to Barnes & Noble and then listening to the entire CD on the way home. I love every single one of her songs, but this one is my favorite!

Kari said...

I think she has such a beautiful voice! I saw on Twitter that she was releasing the video. I also think her version of Revelation Song has got to be the best ever!!!

Hope Alyssa is liking VBS

Stephanie said...

Oh I love love LOVE this song! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jenilee said...

I LOVE her voice and her CD. that was a great video too!

Lacey said...

I Love Kari Jobe and I LOVE this song. I didn't know she had a music video finished so I was SO excited to see this! Thanks for sharing!

God can use anything to touch us and I think its so beautiful how often He uses music to speak into our lives!

Its amazing to me to think that one day we will all sing Praises to our Creator and King in Heaven!

carlotta cisternas said...

kari has a beautiful voice! i had to look again when you mentioned KSBJ - i used to live in tomball and we listened occasionally ;)

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing this Veronica...I will be buying one of her CD's soon. ((smile))