Monday, June 28, 2010

Dreaming of treats

Early Friday morning, I woke up with a killer sore throat.  It progressed from there to a day and a half of fever and feeling downright yucky!  A couple of times during the weekend, I almost thought I was going to faint and was so glad to have my Hubby home to help me with the girls.  At one point, my Hubby even asked me if I was going to make it, and told me he needed me to stick around and help me raise these girls!  Talk about silly, huh?  I was sicker than I'd been in a super long time and I was so glad when the fever finally broke by noon on Saturday.

By that evening, I finally felt good enough to get out because it was the last day to use my 20% entire purchase coupon and 40% off one single item coupons at Michael's.  Nothing like saving money to get a person to get well fast, huh?  I'm giggling on the inside about that one because as it turns out, I wasn't as well as I thought I was and now I've lost my voice completely.  Joy. :)  My girls keep looking at me like I'm nuts today as I point and nod instead of talking to them with my actual voice!

Anyways, back to Michael's...I needed to pick up a few things I'm going to be needing for this coming weekend's Fourth of July treats, like some dye and sprinkles for my the patriotic cupcakes I'm planning on making.  When I was in the baking aisle, I even spotted the cookie cutter set I talked about the other day.  It was in a different container but had all the same special occasion cookie cutters and I decided at that moment that I needed it!

I also picked up this super cute stamp in the $1 bin and I was so excited when I went to pay and found that after coupons and using a $3 store credit I had sitting in my wallet for Lord know's when, I only paid $13 for all this stuff.  How cool is that?!?!


I'm really hoping to get well by the weekend, because every year on the Fourth of July, we go to the beach and spend the day with the family, just hanging out and eating yummy food.!  I can't wait to make the patriotic cupcakes that I initally found out about through Veronnica.  I also saw on FB today that a neat website I follow called Amazing Mom's also had their version of red, white and blue cupcakes.  Way cute, huh?

 (photo courtesy of Amazing Moms)

And speaking of yummy cupcakes...I just had to share something else that got me so excited today!  I was looking at my sister Yvonne's FB today and saw these SUPER cute cupcakes she made over the weekend for a Michael Jackson themed birthday party for a son of a friend of hers.

Aren't these cupcakes the cutest you've ever seen?  I LOVE THEM!!!


 Well, just in case you think I've gone off the deep end and totally fallen off the eating healthy wagon, think again.  I've been eating bread and a few other things again but just in moderation.  I've also been eating a ton of salad's lately (well, when I don't have a sore throat) too!  Add to mix the family walks we've been taking at night and my total weight loss so far is 14 lbs!  I'm so excited about it and I'm learning that I can still allow myself to eat treats.  It just can't be an everyday thing and I think I can deal with that!!!

14 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. It is no fun to be sick.

Love the cupcakes! Can't wait to see your 4th of July creations.
Blessings,
Amy

Kari said...

Those cupcakes look amazing and I think it's funny that you had to get to Michaels in a bad way :o)

I love cupcakes and my kids do too!

Congrats on the 14 pounds - YOU GO GIRL! And yes, treats are allowed - it's when those treats become a part of our every meal when it becomes a problem!

Kristin said...

For some reason, my dashboard isn't updating and I almost missed this post, but saw it on FB. :D

That's awesome about the weight loss!!

Caroline said...

Glad your feeling better. I was pretty sick in Feb like that and just so happened my hubby had to come home from work. I lost my voice and all.

Cupcakes look so Yummy !! Great job on the weight loss to. Keeping you in my prayers.

Caroline

{:miss v:} said...

So glad you're feeling better! It's no fun being sick!

Can't wait to see how your cupcakes turn out! And congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

Stephanie said...

Hope you get your voice back soon!!!! Glad the throat is at least a little better though.

Love those 4th cupcakes - I'm going to have to hop over and see that recipe!!!

Jenilee said...

I'm dreaming of treats reading your post! yummy! :) and congrats on the 14lbs... I know what a challenge that is! good for you!!!

amanda said...

i love the post! the cupcakes all look yummy. and if i could stir things up without being in pain, i'd totally go make some now!! way to go on the 14lbs. that truly is awesome. praying the 4th is a blast for you. it sounds like a ton of fun. i wish we had 'real' beaches!

Anonymous said...

It seems like everyone has been getting sick!! Glad you are feeling better!

Those cupcakes sure do look yummy:) Congrats on the 14 pounds, thats a big accomplishment and makes a difference!!!

Angelica said...

That is such a great deal! I love coupons!

Hope you feel better soon! It's hard to take care of our little one's when we aren't well.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Good job! Love all of the yummy treats! Hope you feel better soon!

Holly said...

The cupcakes will be really cute and I'm sure you'll share a pic with us, right? ;)

Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!! (but being sick is not!)

Megan said...

So glad that you are feeling better! It's never fun to be under the weather.

There's nothing better to make someone feel better than a sale, especially when it involves a craft store! :)

Those cupcakes look amazing. Now I am hungry.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

He & Me + 3 said...

Catching up with you. Oh my those cupcakes look awesome. Good for you losing 14 lbs. I so need to get on board. Wow that is amazing.
Great deal on all your fun stuff you found at Michael's.