Friday, June 4, 2010

Amy's Blog Party. Come join the fun!

Today I'm joining in on the fun over at Amy's blog, Filled with Praise to celebrate her 1st Blogiversary!  It's been a blessing to get to know Amy on her blog and be a part of her adoption journey as she and her family get ready to bring their baby boy Elijah home from Ethiopia.  It won't be long now! 

To be a party of the party, all you have to do is answer five questions that Amy posed and then link up on her blog.  If you'd like to join in too, feel free to click on the button below for more details!

Happy Blogiversary Amy!





1.  If you could have dinner with any person (past or present) who would it be?

I would definitely love to have dinner with Jesus.  I'd probably be pretty nervous and I don't even know what I'd say, actually.  If you ever met me in real life, you'd know that I talk a lot, and I talk fast.  I'm pretty sure if I had dinner with Jesus, I would do neither of these.

2.  What is your most embarrassing moment that you are willing to share with the blogging world?

I was actually asking my Hubby for help on this one the other day because even though I've had a TON of embarassing moments, I couldn't think of any specific stories that came to mind.  I think I'm just gonna have to fudge on this one and say that the most embarassing thing about myself is the fact that I snore.  I've been told that not only do I snore, but I snore loud.  That's definitely something to be embarassed about.  Because of the fact that I snore, I am fearful of situations where I'd have to room in or stay with someone I don't know well.  Oh and I've also been told I talk in my sleep too.  My poor Hubby!

3.  If you could only use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?

It would have to be the word perfectionist.  It's my best and worst quality all at the same time.  I'm one of those people who has to have things just right and if something didn't turn out the way I'd like it to, you can probably bet that I'm going to do it over again until I'm happy with the outcome.  I've learned to give a little in this area in recent years since becoming a mom, especially when it comes to having a perfectly clean house or car, etc.  There's just no way for everything to be perfectly clean and organized when you have small kids!

4.  You found a machine that allows you to fast forward your life to a moment or to rewind your life to a certain moment, but it can only be used for one moment. Would you fast forward or rewind and to which moment would you choose?

I would for sure go back to the week of my Honeymoon back in May 2002.  I was only 22 and we had gone on a seven day cruise to Mexico.  At that point in my life, I hadn't done a ton of traveling.  This trip didn't even require any flying since we live here in CA and we just had to drive south to San Pedro to take off on the ship, but I was so nervous that whole trip.  If I could go back, I would have enjoyed myself so much more and just soak in the scenery and that special time with my new husband!
 (Sorry this picture is such yucky quality.  No time to find a better one today).

5.  What is your favorite simple blessing in life?

Right now I would have to say it would be the moments where I'm nursing my Alivia.  Seems like I blinked and she's about to turn two months old soon.  Time goes so fast and I just love how nursing gives me that chance to just sit and take a break from the busyness of the day and just relax.
 

Well, there you have it!  Hope you all have a great weekend!  I'd been meaning all week to post a new giveaway I have and I finally had a chance to post about it today.  It involves snacks and a gift card.  You can go HERE to check it out!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for joining in the fun. I loved learning more about you.

Okay, I too talk in my sleep. Some mornings I cannot believe the things my husband says that I said during the night. Apparently, I cannot stop talking even in my sleep.

I also know what you mean about nursing. I felt like it was such a hassle with Taylor and Cade. However, with Ryann I really took the time to just enjoy the moments with her. I wish I would have done that with the first two.
Blessings,
Amy

Hannah said...

You have great answers. Your family is beautiful and I loved that you owned up to snoring!

Julie said...

Such a sweet pic of you & Alivia. Love the honeymoon photo...sounded like a fun trip to me! Our honeymoon was pretty lame. LOL!

HappyascanB said...

Okay, so how have I totally missed out on this Amy blog when you, Kristin and Kate are all participating? I'm going to join in for sure!

The last pic makes me soooo ready for MM to get here! I cannot wait to cuddle with her!!!

Holly said...

I wouldn't have guessed that you snore!

He & Me + 3 said...

I agree...nursing moments are the best and sucha a blessing. I am a perfectionist too. But you knew that. :)

Caroline said...

Loved your answwers and I snore to plus love to try to have things perfect. Somehow with four children it never works.

Great pics too.

Caroline

Kristin said...

I loved reading your answers! I think that picture of you and Alivia is so sweet! I'm so happy that you're enjoying her so much :) That's funny about snoring!

Unknown said...

Loved your answers!! Oh sweet Livie!!

Lauren said...

I love your answers!! Your daughter is just precious!!!! How do you ever put her down??? So cute!

Thanks so much for stopping by! You have a beautiful blog!! :)

Stephanie said...

Aren't random questions so much fun :)

I would go back to my honeymoon too---so carefree and fun! Loved it!

Linda said...

Loved your answers Ver.

I loved nursing my three girls...way back then... a zillion years ago. (:>) I still have dreams that I am having babies and nursing them! Ha!

I am not a perfectionist...but I like to make things nice. (Like gifts I am giving to people)

I think I would love to go back to the day my husband saved, or when he and I got baptised together...it was one of the greatest days of my life. He has been a Christian now for over 15 years and they have been so special.

I also thank the Lord for my two adopted blog daughters Veronica and Kristin! I enjoy you two sooo much!

I am always praying for you guys and your families.

Love, Momma Linda