( I finally got around to checking out Picnik today and was able to make this cool collage. It was so easy)!
Alivia is doing great and is such a good baby! She has her fussy time every day somewhere between eight and ten in the evening but other than that she is a pretty happy baby! We laugh and talk about how much she must be used to all the screaming from her sisters from when she was in my belly, because she can sleep through mostly anything without being phased!
She still has jaundice but I think it's finally coming to an end soon, thank goodness! She also continues to be doing well in the breast feeding department too, which makes me so happy to know that she's growing healthy and strong with Mommy's milk! She's also continued to spit up a bit after a few feedings here and there but from what I can tell, we won't have to be going through the reflux like I mentioned I had been worried about. Thanks so much for the prayers on that!
Today was also my last check up at my OB's office.
I had my exam and was given a clean bill of health. I'm still healing but I feel great and I was so excited to find out that I'd lost all 20 pounds of my pregnancy weight! Now I just need to get focused and lose all my after marriage weight, LOL! Just 30 pounds to go!!!
While at my appointment, the Nurse Practioner made sure to touch on the subject of birth control. Like the last few visits I had there at the office, they asked me again what my thoughts were on the subject. I know I haven't talked a lot about this whole subject here on the blog, but I really feel strongly (and this is just my personal preference) against putting chemicals in my body that aren't necessary. We practice Natural Family Planning, where we basically chart the fertile window in my cycle, and we feel are comfortable with this method. Anyhow...even after the conversation with how I didn't want to be on tradtional birth control, the Nurse Practitioner still wrote me this scrip. I just had to take a picture of this because after looking at it when I got home, I was shocked to see what kind of birth control she was trying to prescribe to me. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? (And yes...I did mark out all my personal info).
Well, this past month has flown by crazy fast! Things are getting so much easier, and think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this new life as a mommy of three!

25 comments:
I just have to say that you look so happy in all your pictures with Miss Alivia! You look so beautiful and just so joyful! I love that!! :)
That collage is so awesome! I am going to have to check out picnik. I just love Livvie's expressions! How cute!!! Her eyes look exactly like Audrey's in that first picture!
And is that script for the morning after pill?!! Crazy!!
I love how you made the collage! Great job!
I'm glad everything is all well and your last check up was great! And congrats on losing all the pregnancy weight! That's awesome!
I love the collage! Alivia is just beautiful and so are you!!
Interesting prescription! I remember my doctor always pushing to get on some kind of birth control too. But was never offered the pill for after sex. HMMMMM!
Such a beautiful collage. I love it and glad you are doing well. Great on losing the weight. Glad things are going well. Enjoy all of them they grow up to quick. My little one is now walking so hard to believe a yr later.
Take care and {{HUGS}}
Caroline
OMG!!!!!! If you believe in natural family planning who is going to do plan B?
That's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how as you marked out your personal info at the same time you destroyed the prescription :)
Love the collage too-she's soooo cute!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe she forced that prescription on you! And "Plan B"???...that's just sad... You know I'm totally with you on the Natural Family Planning. It has really opened up the line of communication, because we constantly have to talk about what our plans are. And, it also reminds us that, in reality, the only one in control of whether or not we have another baby, is the Lord. I love resting on His promises and knowing He knows what's best for us.
And those pictures of Livvie are adorable! I LOVE Picnik and am so glad you finally checked it out. She's definitely thriving on her mommy's milk ;)
You look incredible!
Alivia is so pretty.
Love the pics of Alivia! So glad that you both are doing well. I can't believe she just gave you a prescription for Plan B! That's crazy. Maybe it's time to mention the big "V" to Fern. LOL!
Oooo...I forgot! A lot of digital scrapbookers recommend Picasa. I used it over a year ago & it drove me nuts, but maybe the newer version is better??
That collage is precious!! I can't believe it's already been a month!
OMG on the RX!?!?!
oh my goodness! i can't believe RX! Plan B, that's crazy!
i love the pictures of Livvie! She is just simply adorable!!! :0)
I am totally with you about losing the after marriage weight...lol i always leave the hospital with all my pregnancy weight gone but now if i could just lose my marriage weight i would be super happy :0)
I am seriously shaking my head at that perscription. Wow.
We do NFP, too, but now that we have our "#4 and final" I think I'm going to send J to have "the procedure."
LOVING the collage of Alivia.
wow...just wow...on the prescription...wow...
I second Kristin...you look so happy Veronica. And that baby girl...just precious!
Yea for the cute collage! I would totally be offended if they gave me that prescription! Good grief!! Yea for one month of being a mommy of 3!!
Alivia is so-o-o-o-o! adorable! I'm with you on the natural family planning/no chemicals. I can't believe the nerve of your NP!
Alivia is such a perfect baby! I can't get over how stinkin' cute she is!! I just had my last appt yesterday as well except I did get a bc script. There's no way I can have two babies so close & since I'm abnormal, I won't know when I get pregnant.
That is insane that you got Plan B! I honestly laughed. It's like they are saying "well, just in case you get pregnant, you might want to stop it before it gets started!" Crazy. TX doesn't make you get a script for that either.
Anyways, I'm so glad you are doing well. You look so happy!
that's crazy! isn't that also the same pill that they give to rape victims or crazy people that realized they made a mistake the next morning? can't believe they prescribed it to you like that! we have been doing the natural planning thing too. i never thought much about birth control pills until after austin was born, and the more i got to reading, the more i had a problem with them.
you look great!
I love Picnik, you can make amazing stuff there also I like Picasa, both really good and free!! Miss Alivia is getting so big and she is absolutely beautiful!!
I am just shocked that she was prescribing you the morning after pill. I admire you for your natural planning, we kinda do that.
Luv ya, Steph
Hi Veronica,
Momma Linda has been missing you. (I have been having computer issues and haven't done much blogging.) BUT...Lynnette and Abigail gave me Ab's old laptop and it is working fine...I am so excited! That was so nice of them.
Hey Alivia is just so adorable...I love her smiles and expressions on her face. So cute.
I agree with Kristin...you look so happy and so beautiful sweetie. Being a mommy of 3 agrees with you.
I HATE that your doctor gave you that abortion pill script. Yucky!
Crazy huh?
And especially after you told her how you felt about N.F.P.
Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. Enjoy your Spa Gift Certificates!
Gotta close for now.
Luv ya!
Momma Linda
those pictures. are so stinkin' cute!!! love them.
except for the plan b one...that my friend is CRAZY stuff. i am completely on the same page/conviction as you are. and it's nice to have such a like mindedness with others. although we're not so 'strong' at the NFP method. lol. it's truly all God's plan.
can i also say i LOVE that you crossed out everything except your birthdate. not that it matters. but it made me giggle. which doesn't take much at 11pm and i'm overtired i guess.
because i also giggled at the after marriage weight. i had to renew my license this year and thought it was crazy i've gained 20 pounds since being married. of course that was pre-pregnancy weight. oh well. in heaven we'll all be given NEW BODIES!! woo hoo. okay before i keep rambling and bore you to death..i'm done.
loves you!!
Has it been a month already? She is just beautiful and you look great. After our first child we never used BC again. I didn't like taking pills and medicine either.
Love the collage.
Just had to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy the photos. You look great! Enjoy each day!
Ahhhhh (tear) your girls are so beautiful and Alivia is beautiful! I know you are so proud and the Rx....that is crazy! I am so glad you seem to be so happy!
Happy 1 month Alivia!! :)
I totally can't believe she gave you that script! CRAZY! I'm with you on not putting chemicals in my body. If I'm sick I try to get better on my own first before going to the dr for any meds.
Post a Comment