Thursday, April 22, 2010

How we're doing...and a video!

Well, here we are!  It's Thursday already and this week has flown by!  I've been meaning to get to get on here and share more about how we've been doing since we brought Alivia home, but I just haven't been able to do that yet.

We are all doing well and I've been blessed to have my Hubby home with me a lot this week.  It's been raining here, so he's been off from work.  It's been such a blessing because we've been able to enjoy this time bonding as a new family of five.  My Hubby's been helping out around here so much and I feel so blessed that he's been able to spend this time with us.  Due to the fact that he works in Construction, we don't always have a lot of time together after we have a baby since he usually has to go right back to work.  I just love the way the Lord worked things out this time around!

Alivia is doing great and things have gotten so much better in the sleep department at night.  She is such a good baby and really only fusses when she needs a diaper change, or needs to get put back to sleep.  I am nursing her, just like I did with the other girls and I've been enjoying that closeness with her.  I especially love how she wraps her little fingers around one of mine when she's nursing and I'm trying to soak in all these little moments as we've decided that she'll be our last baby.

Alyssa and Audrey are doing well too and are getting better in adjusting to life with a baby in the house.  We have our good days and bad, but for the most part, they love having Alivia here.  On some days I feel sad that I'm not able to give the girls the attention I usually give them, but I know this is only the beginning and it takes a while for everyone to get used to all the changes going on over here.  I keep trying to remind myself that the emotional highs and lows are all a part of this postpartum thing and will be over before I know it.

Well, I have lots more I want to share, and hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to finally share Alivia's birth story (if I can ever finish writing post) but in the meantime, I thought it would be special to share the video from when we brought Alivia home to meet her sisters for the first time.  The lighting is dark because it was already almost 9:00 pm., but I'm still glad we recorded those moments anyway!  You should see how excited the girls were to meet their new sister!


Meeting Alivia from Veronica on Vimeo.

P.S.  I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who's been so supportive and sweet to us these last couple of weeks.  I feel so bad that I'm so behind on reading blogs and replying back to emails, but as a sweet friend reminded me today, it's okay to be absent for a little while around here.  I really appreciate you guys so much and I feel so blessed to have so many sweet friends!

18 comments:

Angelica said...

That is the sweetest video. This made my heart happy Veronica. They are so sweet. Thank you for sharing it.

Oh, and take your time...we'll still be here!

Cyber hugs - angelica

Caroline said...

That is so beautiful. How adorable and oh how they love her. Glad your all doing good and that your hubby is getting to spend sometimre at home with you.
Take your time and enjoy those special moments.
Thanx for sharing , she is a cutie !!
{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Maryellen said...

Oh my gosh, just darling.
Very sweet. Praying they'll always love each other and be so close.

Kristin said...

Awwwwww!!! They were so sweet with her! That is so neat! I love how Audrey just wanted to hug her and Alyssa was rubbing her cheek. They are so precious! Well, I better go pick up the girls from school now!! Love ya!

Stephanie said...

How sweet! Thank you so much for sharing - what a treat to open up your blog today and see this video. I'm so glad you have your hubby home with you and are enjoying being a family of five.

{:miss v:} said...

What a cute video! I love when Audrey rubs against Alivia's face...so cute!

I'm glad the sleeping situation is better and I hope you're getting the sleep you need!

The Van Ordens said...

Such beautiful family memories you are making! So glad to her everyone is well!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

That is so precious!! You guys are such a beautiful family.

Anna Gray said...

Awww! That is such a CUTE vid! I loved watching Alyssa and Audrey holding her! They were both so sweet w/Alivia! =)

HappyascanB said...

How precious is that video?!?!? Both older sisters are so proud of Alivia! I loved it!!!! Precious!!

Jenilee said...

I love the video! She is adorable!!! :)

jules said...

What a sweet video. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Yeah! So cute! I am so glad you all are doing great and God has blessed you all with bonding time!

Holly said...

Love the video. :) I'm glad you are getting some time as a family together.

Melissa said...

how cute! thanks for sharing :0)

He & Me + 3 said...

Veronica,

I am so glad that everything is going so well. The girls look like they adore Little Alivia. What a sweet family you have. Savor it...Take it all in. Loved the video. So so sweet!
Hugs,
Mimi

Julie said...

What a precious video. I loved watching the girls loving on their little sister. She is SO tiny! It's funny how I've forgotten how little they are! When I was holding my niece, I felt like I hadn't held a newborn before! LOL! It seems like AGES ago that I held a little baby.

Hope you are all doing well! Enjoy your family time. And sometime you need to send me a picture of Alivia to put in the sidebar frame. :)

christy rose said...

How beautiful and sweet!! Enjoy every moment Veronica!!! :)