Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nursery progress and a few other tidbits

So today I thought instead of writing a long and rambly post, which I tend to do pretty often, I thought I'd share a little video of Alivia's nursery so far.  I mentioned last week that I was supposed to receive her bedding and a few other things I ordered online and they did come but I just got so busy with party planning that I didn't have any time to take any pictures to add to the blog.

I have been enjoying my Flip camera so much that I thought it would be neat to give you a real tour of the nursery so you could feel like you were right here with me.  There's lots more to be done, but in the meantime, here's what's happening so far...


Alivia's nursery so far... from Veronica on Vimeo.

In other news, I had my 34 week check-up at my OB's office today.  Everything went great and super fast!  I gained a pound and a half since last check-up bringing me to a total weight gain so far of 16 1/2 lbs!  The girls aren't feeling too good today, so I was relieved that I didn't have to leave them with their Grandma for too long. 

It's been a while since I've posted a prego pic, so I'm going to try to do that sometime this week.  It feels like I'm getting huge, but my family has been so sweet to say that it looks like I've only gained in my belly.  Super nice but when I look in the mirror, I'm not quite sure that they're right! :)

What else?  You may have noticed (or not) that I removed the ads off of my blog.  It was something I felt I needed to do ( like I was mentioning last week).  It will give me more freedom to blog about what I want to again without worries of having to remove or motify certain things or have to send everyone to the other blog just to enter into a giveaway.  I'm also not quite sure how much time I'll have for blogging once the baby comes, so I just thought I would remove that additional worry by taking the ads off.  I'm feeling much better about it since I can now go back to being the real me!

Well...look here.  I guess I did get to rambling today afterall.  Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and that the sun in shining where ever you are! :)

P.S.  Just a reminder that you still have time to enter into my latest giveaway for an awesome Betty Crocker prize pack! You can go HERE to do that!

15 comments:

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I LOVE the bedding!! What a neat color combo.

The nice thing about the baby clothes from Alyssa and Audrey is that they grow so fast that I doubt they get to wear stuff very often - so it probably doesn't have a whole lot of wear and tear.

I bet it feels great to be so far along!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

So cute! We have a FLIP camera, too. We had our third baby girl in October. Having three girls is SO MUCH FUN!

jules said...

I love that color combo too. It seems to be very popular right now.

Love that lamp...

Kristin said...

Okay, I'm going to be having to get me a flip camera now too! My video camera is so antiquated and won't hold a charge anyways. I loved the video!! I love that bedding. It's so pretty! And I loved just hearing you talk :D

You have lots of clothes for her! That's awesome! I just love all those little baby things!

That is amazing that you've only gained 16 lbs too!! By that time, I had already gained about 40 lbs with each one of mine. haha!! Seriously!

When I saw the bday video the other day, I was thinking you had only gained a little belly and that's it too, so I think your family is definitely right!

The Pifer's said...

You are just too cute, I loved the personal tour!!! And the bedding is ADORABLE!

Beth E. said...

Alivia's room is looking great...I love the bedding! I'm also impressed with all of the clothes you already have for her. Those hand-me-downs are in great condition!

Looking forward to seeing a pic of you soon. I'm sure you'll look beautiful, as always!

Hugs,
Beth

Maryellen said...

So pretty. Very nice choice of bedding - I like it. Alyvia has much to look forward to when she arrives . . .

Holly said...

I like her nursery!! I can't believe how close you are getting to having her. Seems like it wasn't long ago that you were just announcing you were pregnant.

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the color scheme and you are so adorable. Love hearing your voice and I am loving the Flip too.
Hugs
Mimi

The Van Ordens said...

Love the nursery so far! I really like the bedding!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tour! Looks like you have made a lot of progress!!

christy rose said...

I love the video of Alivia's nursery!! It is beautiful!

amanda said...

love the nursery.

and love the 'real' you. ;0) i always say oh i'm not going to say much but i do.

and i really need to let god have this whole package thing. i've been in tears almost all night (i couldn't sleep) and then i'd think about how you haven't gotten it. and then i feel like a failure because i'm not letting god have it all. and then it starts all over. i really am truly upset you haven't gotten it. it makes me sick. and i have to keep trusting god has a plan a good one.

{:miss v:} said...

Very cute video! That was funny how Audrey wanted to touch the flame! So funny how kids are so innocent!

{:miss v:} said...

And I just realized that I posted a comment for the birthday video and not about the nursery! ha!

Very cute nursery too!