Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Memories

Tonight my Hubby and I walked down memory lane a little bit.  This May, we'll have been married for eight years and together for 13.  That's a long time considering that we're only 29 and 30 (and yes, he's the one who's younger than me)! :)  Between the two of us, I'm more of the talker, but for some reason tonight, he was the one who started the "Hey, do you remember the time when" conversation and it took me back down memory lane.

For some reason, I tend to remember many more of the difficult times we've had over these last 13 years.  A lot happened from the time I was 17 to 30, and it's easy to dwell on all the hard stuff we had to go through to get to the place where we are today.  Looking back, nothing has ever really come easy to us.  Just about everything we own is used but I guess there is something to be said about having to work hard to get the things you want in life.  Sure, on most days, I wish things would come just a little easier for us, but I am thankful that the Lord has always been there with us.  He has never left us, even when we've made bad choices or done things "our way." 

Tonight we got to talking about some things from the past that I'd totally forgotten about.  We also talked about our time before kids and what it was like waiting for the arrvial of our first little girl.  It's funny how time has a way of making certain memories fade and I guess that's one of the reasons I'm glad I ended up blogging.  It's been a great way to document our life and be able to go back and remember things later.  My Hubby was even suggesting that I start a journal for our family and I had to remind him that that is what the blog is for!

It seems like just yesterday, I started this blog and I was posting pictures like this one of the girls.


Now they're getting so big and we are only weeks away from welcoming our newest little girl.  My heart is full with anticipation.  I'm trying my best not to be anxious but on the last few days where I've been experiencing more Braxton Hicks contractions, I just get to wondering when the actual day will be when I have to leave home a mom of two and come back as mom of three!  It's a bittersweet time but one I don't want to forget either. 

So many thoughts are running through my head tonight but I am confident that the Lord will get me through!  I am so thankful for everything HE has given us, and so grateful that I get to go through this next big adventure with my best friend!

12 comments:

Caroline said...

What a beautiful post and memories are great. I can remember alot of when I was very young and my Jennifer who will be six on Friday can remember so much. It is good to know that whatever we go through the Lord is always there. 3 yrs ago we moved from Ohio to Nevada that was tough for me. A huge step but God was always there.
Won't be long now til you have that new daughter. Praying for you and {{HUGS}}

Caroline

Kristin said...

Of course you know that Morgan and I have such a similar story, since we've been together for almost 16 years. It's amazing how much learning and growing you do as a couple after all those years!

The Van Ordens said...

My hubby is younger than me too :o) What a sweet post. I understand all too well about tough times! I will be glad when we are out of this one!

Rosie said...

You are a very blessed & lucky lady & it's portayed through your beautiful posts!

Stephanie said...

I have a personal journal too that I had forgotten about but just started writing in more regularly. It's amazing to be able to write out my heart and watch God unfold His plan. I love blogging too, because I can watch our family grow and be reminded of His faithfulness. Praying for you these last few weeks. It's so hard to enjoy these moments when you are ready to have that baby in your arms and be done with all the lovely side effects of the third trimester. Hang in there, Veronica!

christy rose said...

I love that about blogging too, recording all of our family's day to day things. I wish I would have done it when all of my kids were younger like yours are. What a way to be able and go back and see and read where you have been and what you have done as a family.

BTW, I am older than Aaron too but a little over a year. :)

Beth E. said...

What a sweet post, and what a great picture of you and your hubby!

Sometimes, in order to appreciate where we are in life, we must remember the journey. Sounds like you and your hubby were doing just that! :-)

I'm praying for you as Alivia's arrival nears!

He & Me + 3 said...

It is always fun to look back and think about the memories...both good and bad. They shape who we have become. God is so good and you are truly blessed to be on this ride we call life with your best friend and three girlies. Cute pictures.

{:miss v:} said...

I like thinking back to old times too. Ben and I will also be together for a total of 13 years this May, the 23rd to be exact. Evan was born on the 24th but we were trying for the 23rd! haha!

I'm so excited for you guys and your new little girl! The coming months and years will I'm sure be filled with many many more loving and special memories!

Oh and I just wanted to let you know that I'm not entering in for your giveaway post because I was given this same offer as well and I think everyone else deserves their chance at winning (even though I've only ever one one giveaway so far! haha!)

Unknown said...

So sweet! Can't wait to meet little Alivia, and I am so glad your hubby is with you every step of the way!

Kari said...

Beautiful post, Veronica. I love those walks down memory lane when hubby is actually participating in them. The day you leave with 2 girls and come home with 3 will be a most precious day - you will find out!

LOVE the last photo!

Holly said...

Love your post! I like taking those walks down memory lane. A lot of stuff that we have is used too but we don't mind! A lot cheaper that way!