Monday, February 22, 2010

Progress, finally!

I am a very stubborn person by nature, so I guess it's only fitting that I ended up having little girls who are strongwilled and stubborn just like their Mommy!

I've mentioned here on the blog before that I've been wanting to move both Alyssa and Audrey into the same room so that I can make Alyssa's room into a nursery for Alivia.  Well, after at least three failed test runs at getting the girls to sleep in the same room, I was starting to feel like I was never going to have a separate space for the new baby.  The thought of that made me sad and I got to thinking...I  know the girls will have some trouble adjusting in the beginning, but if I just put some time into it now, anticipate some bumps in the road and just go with it, we can truck through and get the girls to successfully share a room before Alivia arrives!

Last night I casually mentioned to Alyssa that I was thinking about letting her sleep in Audrey's room again.  This time, I told her that the "big bed" (which is a double bed we keep as an extra bed) that's in Audrey's room could be hers from now on!  She was so excited at the idea of that, so that's what we ended up doing.  To my surprise, the girls did beautifully last night and they stayed asleep all through the night in their own beds!  This morning I woke up to the sound of two little voices talking and laughing.   I went into "their" room and found them each still in their own beds, just chatting away!  It made me so happy to see that!

This morning, I decided to just go with it and make the big move.  My Hubby has a few days off this week, so after breakfast, I got his help to move the big stuff around.  It took me a good part of the morning to move things around, but I've definitely made some progress!  I still have a ways to go, but I'm so exciting at the thought that I now have a special place for my new girl!

I know I should have taken some before pics, but I was too eager to jump right in and get to work.  Here's what things are looking like so far...

Here's Alivia's new room (and Alyssa's old room).  The color on the walls is a very light pink, which I plan on keeping the same to match the new new birdie decor I still haven't purchased!  This dresser was actually in Audrey's room up until today.  I had my Hubby move it in the new nursery so it will match with the crib (which was actually in the toddler bed setting as Audrey's bed).


Here's the bassinet, which I finally washed and put together this weekend....and the old rocking chair I've used since my Dad found it at a yard sale when I was pregnant with Alyssa!  I just need to get a new pad for it!

Here's the rocking chair again, next to the crib that my Hubby put back together this morning.  You can see where I'm starting a pile of baby things that need to be filed away in their proper places.


Now...onto the big girls' room!  I took these pictures right after the girls finally fell asleep for nap this afternoon.  It only took them an hour to get settled and asleep, LOL!  Here's Audrey in her "new bed," which was actually Alyssa's bed up until today!  I can't believe we got away with keeping Alyssa in a toddler bed that long, poor girl!  The dresser that's in the middle there was in Alyssa's old room until today as well.


I also got my Hubby to move the bookshelf from Alyssa's old room into the girls' new room.

And there's my Lyss on her big girl bed!  She looks so small to me in the double bed but it's definitely way better than before.  I'm planning on buying her a new bed set, but for now, she'll be using the bedding that was on there already.  I decided to wash it this morning, so that's why she's on a blanket on the mattress.  I told you, it was a work in progress!

And that's all I have for today!  It took me all morning to get things organized and I still have a ways to go!  (I'm still even in my jammies as I type this)!  I'm excited at the progress that's been made and I can't wait until I have everything to complete Alivia's room!  I guess you can say that nesting has finally kicked in!

P.S.  Please say a little prayer for us this week as we all get adjusted to the new changes made.  I've gone too far to turn back now! :)

14 comments:

Amy said...

Yea! It won't take long and they will feel like they have always shared a room. Not long before your baby girl arrives. Very exciting.
Blessings,
Amy

Maryellen said...

Things are coming along nicely.
I love the little bassinet so sweet. They will love sharing a room. Just need to adjust.

jules said...

They look so precious sleeping in their beds. I loved sharing a room with my sisters. They will too.

Verna said...

The adjustment will be made before you know it. And things will all fall into place for the new one coming.

So exciting to get everything together, getting read for the arrival of the little one.

Kristin said...

Awwwww.....I love it!! Most of all, I love how excited you sound in this post! Everything is looking great and I know the girls will love sharing a room and you will have a nice quiet place to nurse Alivia in the middle of the night. I bet the girls will be fine with getting to bed once they get into their new routine! Congrats on all the work you got done today! Yay.....I can't wait until Alivia gets here! :)

Stephanie said...

Awwwww they are just the cutest little babies when they are sleeping!

It always takes a while to get used to new things but they'll adjust quickly-looks like they're doing a fabulous job already.

Love what you're doing with Alivia's room!!!! Can't wait to see it when it's all done!

The Van Ordens said...

So glad to hear that day 1 went so well! Will be praying the week continues to go well!

Unknown said...

How awesome that they adjusted so well last night and today! How exciting! It's fun when things start coming together!

amanda said...

i wish i had ambition like you!! dustin STILL is in our room. mainly because shaun doesn't have his old bedroom, from when he was a little boy, cleaned out. some people have a junk drawer...we have a junk room. and can't just find the time to take a day to do it, i hate that shaun works so much because then i don't want him to be away from the kids even more once he's home. i love the big girl bed pictures. so sweet!!

hope you're doing well sister!

HappyascanB said...

My goodness how busy you've been! Everything looks great! Love that you could hear the girls in their room whispering and giggling. How precious!!!

christy rose said...

Wow you are moving moving girl! I would say you are definitely in the nesting mode!! Great job!

Holly said...

I hope the girls continue to do well in the room together. We plan on doing the same thing eventually. We'll move Kyndra to Hannah's room but Kyndra will mostly be by herself. We'll be using bunk beds b/c the room is too small to put 2 beds in otherwise. I just hope that they fit height wise! We won't do that though until we're ready to move the new baby into the nursery, which will be maybe around 6 months.

Angelica said...

I am totally late in leaving comments....ha! I love that they are so excited about sharing a room! And all things pink...Isabel would love to share with them. LOL!

So excited for you and the preparation for your sweet baby! I can't wait to see her...I am such a visual person that I am wondering if she will have curly and dark hair like Alyssa or straight and light hair like Audrey.

Big changes coming up for both your girls and you guys too...but the Lord is with you. I know that you will all do such a great job welcoming Alivia!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh I love the nesting phase. My house was always so organized and spotless. LOL
Cute room. I think they girls will enjoy being together. I got my giveaway package today in the mail...thanks!