Monday, January 25, 2010

Refreshed and ready to start the week!

Well, it's Monday already and I'm excited to start a new week!  I had a nice and relaxing weekend thanks to the help of my sister Yvonne, and my Mom who took the girls off my hands on two seperate adventures this weekend.  The rain even took a little break and we actually got to see the sun come out for a little while!

On Saturday night, Yvonne took the girls out to eat McDonald's and then to visit our Dad.  My girls don't get to see their Grandpa too much, so it was it nice for them to be able to spend some time with him.  While they were gone, I was able to get a ton of things done and just enjoyed the quietness of my house.  It was a strange feeling to eat my dinner without having to help a little person with something.  My Hubby was able to go back to work on that day but he was so tired by the time dinner rolled around I ended up eating by myself.  I couldn't remember the last time that happened and it was nice eating in peace.  I even got to picking up a book to read while I ate because I didn't know what to do with myself in the quiet! :)

Yesterday afternoon, I dropped off Alyssa at my Mom's house so that she could to church with her.  I figured that since we still haven't found a church of our own yet, I'd let Alyssa go with Grandma in the meantime. 



On the way back home, I stopped at Target and found the perfect thing to spend my gift card that I won over at Mimi's other blog, 5 Moms and a Blog last Friday!  It's already the end of the month and I still hadn't gotten myself a new agenda for the year.  Thanks so much for the gift card Mimi.  Now I can get organized again!



Alyssa had a blast with Grandma and enjoyed her time at church sitting next to my mom who plays the piano.  After church, Alyssa got to go to McDonald's for the second night in a row!  While Alyssa was gone, poor Audrey didn't know what to do with herself.  It was the cutest thing when she decided to go find the stool and get up on it to help me wash the dishes!



My night ended on a good note when I was able to put both girls down early to sit and watch this movie.



It had been a while since we've rented any movies, but after hearing Kate talk about watching this movie the other day, I decided to check it out.  The best part about it...my Hubby even watched it with me!  I thought it was pretty good and I especially enjoyed all the blogging parts of the movie!

Well, I'm off to get going for the day since my tired little girls finally woke up from sleeping in this morning and they're already fighting!  My weekend break was sure nice while it lasted!

15 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Love the pics. I also love when my little helpers help with the dishes :)

I will have to check that movie out sometime.
Blessings,
Amy

Ashia said...

glad that you had a great weekend! i finally got to see julie & julia, too! =)

Holly said...

I love being with Kyndra but sometimes it is so nice to have that time to yourself to get things done!!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that movie and my hubby watched it with me too (and even enjoyed it!). How nice to have some quiet. I SO enjoy nap time each day ;)

Kristin said...

Glad you had a good weekend! I don't know what to do with myself either, when all the girls are gone. It rarely happens, but it's so weird when it does! I had to get me a new planner too....can't live without that! I guess I will have to see that movie too!

Hope you have a great day!

Jenilee said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I want to. :) sounds like you had a great weekend and I love the organizer you got at Target! :) so fun!

Lindy said...

So glad you got some time alone. (I'm only a bit jealous!:)). Hope the week goes well and you continue to feel refreshed.

Sarah said...

Yeah! What a great weekend for you. Those times of peace are so refreshing. Glad that you were able to enjoy it!

J & I watched "Julie & Julia" a couple weeks ago and both loved it. It was so cute! J had wanted to get some other non-girlie movie, and I just kept saying behind him, "Julie & Julia...Julie & Julia...Julie & Julia..." :) I'm glad he took my "subtle" hint!

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Julie said...

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I'm totally jealous! That's a movie I'd like to see. I'll just add it to my list of movies to watch when my kids go to college. LOL!

Love the pics, especially of Audrey doing dishes. What a sweetheart!

{:miss v:} said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend! Ben took Evan with him to McDonald's yesterday afternoon allowing me to take a short nap before dealing with noisy neighbors!

I'll have to check out that movie, I've heard it's good! ;)

Beth E. said...

It's always nice to get a break. :0)

Hope you have a great week!

Elisabeth said...

It was such a good movie! I want to get it on blu ray since I heard they have recipes on there and I am a recipe junkie!

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you getting a peaceful dinner and just enjoying your time. I want to see that movie too. It looks so cute.
So glad you found something for you with the Gift Card.
Hugs,
mimi

christy rose said...

I have not seen that movie yet. I have heard a lot of people say it was really good. I need to rent it, I think. Glad you had such a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Hi V,
That is so nice that your mom and your sis gave you a little time by yourself. You deserve that once in awhile. ((smile))

John took me to see Julie and Julia at the movies when it was out. We really liked it. 9Everything except the one bad word)...But other than that it was so good.

My girls always used to climb up on a chair at the sink and help me do the dishes and so have my grandkids. They got all wet...but they had a ball.

I re-live all of my fun times I had when my kids were little when I read your blog and also Kristin's. Good memories.

Luv ya,
Momma Linda