Today was a long day! Since I'm totally wiped out, I thought I'd just share the highlights of my day in pictures. I'm going to try to keep it short, but you know how hard that is for me to do!
The girls and I managed to get out once again for take two of my three hour glucose screening. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about see my post from yesterday). We got up bright and early and made it out the door by 8:00 a.m. (Real early, I know)! You can tell the girls were excited to be going to Auntie's house again!
On the way to my sister's house, Alyssa made sure to tell me "You didn't eat any breakfast today Mom, did you?" I told her no, I hadn't eaten but thanks for the reminder :) I dropped off the girls and headed to the lab. All went as well as could be expected while I was there. They took my blood, gave me the sugary drink and put me in a nice little room. I had my blood drawn once every hour after that for a total of four wonderful pokes!
With three straight hours of time on my hands, you would have thought I would have been able to get a ton of things done. I took my crochet stuff with me but only managed to get a few things made. I could feel myself coming down from my sugar high and all I wanted to do was take a little nap...oh and lunch didn't sound too bad either!
I was so excited when the fourth and final time came to draw my blood. I was STARVING! (I know I sound overdramatic, but seriously, it was noon by then and I was SO hungry)! After checking in on the girls who were just about to take a nap, I headed over to Panera to get some lunch and hurried back to my sister's house to eat this yummy salad...
I was able to eat my lunch but not long after that realized that nap time for my girls at Auntie's house was unsuccessful. I let them play for a while and fought off the overwhelming urge to fall asleep right there on my sister's couch! I decided that since the girls didn't want to nap, I'd head over to get some grocery shopping done. We finally made it home by 4:00 or 4:30 and before I knew it, it was time to start on dinner.
I decided to try a recipe for Cheddar Chowder that Sarah posted on her blog a couple of weeks ago. I served it with a slice of french baguette that I picked up from Panera, and let me tell you, it was SO yummy! (Oh and Sarah...I ended up using bacon instead of ham and it turned out really good).
It was only around seven when I was able to put the girls down for bed. They were exhausted from our long day out and so was I! I'm so glad to have that test out of the way and I hope that everything will come out just fine.
P.S. Thanks again for all the prayers for today and a special thank you to Kristin and Julie for checking up on me. Who knew I could go almost an entire day away from the computer? :)
14 comments:
My plan was to get on the computer and email you about your day...silly me got side tracked with blog reading. I'm sorry!
I'm glad to hear your day went well. I prayed for you this morning and this afternoon!
Keep us updated on the test results. Continuing to pray!
Let us know how the test went! I even get that sugar let down after the one hour test and finally figured out I had to bring a granola bar to eat the minute it's over. I know what you were feeling!
PS I got that pattern. Thanks bunches!
I am SO hungry after looking at your yummy salad and dinner!!! Those look so good! That is so cute that Alyssa made sure to ask you if you didn't eat. :)
Maybe I'm totally weird (shocker, I know), but just looking at the picture of those hats in progress just makes me smile. There's just something so special about your hats. Madison wore hers to school today because they get to have hat or flip flops day today!
I'm so jealous of all of you who have Panera. I've never been there. We don't have one anywhere near here. There used to be one near work, but it was brand new when I worked and I never made it by :(
Praying for your test results to be fine!
I remember being extremely tired during that 3 hour test too. And by the forth poke, I just wanted to cry. I think I did. LOL I can laugh now! But all was fine. Sounds like the rest of your day went well. That salad and that soup look so yummy!
I am so glad you survived the day, I hope the results turn out good. I remember when I had that test, I think I kept taking little naps.
I am so jealous that you have a Panera, that salad looks amazing. I am been to Panera and I so want one here.
Please keep us posted on your results and how everything is going with you and the baby!! I will keep you in my prayers!
Oh my that salad looks good ...
I'm glad you liked the soup - I had never thought to put bacon in it. Did you cook the bacon first? I wonder how it would taste with bacon AND ham - heart attack waiting to happen?
I'm glad the test is FINALLY over. The girls seemed to have had a wonderful time with their aunt. Keep us updated on the results!!
xoxo
Sarah
Please let us know what your test results are! Prayers everywhere....your salad looks like my favorite from "Market Place"....LOVE their salads! What a busy day you had!
I'm so glad you did okay for the test-isn't the drink way nasty? :)
You were on my mind throughout the day and the girls do look so happy to be visiting their aunt!!!
That salad looks very yummy!
Very nice new blog look. SO prerty and girly !
I am exhausted reading all of that!!
what a day!! sorry i missed the post before talking about it. i've been such a bad bloggy friend lately!! supper looks good. :0)
my word veri is cobuff. lol. it made me giggle. you are my co-buff preggo friend. :0
I have been away for almost two days. Crazy huh? Great pictures. That food looks awesome. Hope all comes back great for the test.
Glad this time it was more of a successful visit! (If you call getting poked successful.) Sounds like it was a busy and tiring day.
Post a Comment