Friday, December 11, 2009

Long, Crazy, Busy, Productive Week

Well, it's been a long, crazy, busy, productive and cold week over here, but it's finally Friday!  Yay!

Yesterday was one of those non-stop go kinda days and by the end of the day, I was exhausted.  I even fell asleep with my computer on my lap trying to catch up everybody's blogs last night!  I must have been more tired than I thought, LOL!

The highlight of my day yesterday was getting to go to my old crochet class' annual Christmas party.  When I first started this blog, I mentioned how I used to attend a crochet class.  I started going to the class when Alyssa was about  1 1/2 and I continued to go until the time Audrey was born.  The class was held every Wednesday from 1-3 p.m. and it was there that I got to learning just about everything I know about crocheting!  I enjoyed the fellowship with the ladies, all whom could have been my grandmothers!  When I was pregnant with Audrey, the ladies threw me a sweet little shower that was so special.  Even though it's been almost two years since I've been to class, it's so special that they still invite me to the Christmas party.  This year it was held at the home of one of my classmates and it was decorated so beautifully for Christmas!



We had a potluck luncheon and after that we did out annual gift exchange.  Our teacher gave each of us these hand crocheted kitchen scrubbies, which were so neat!


While at the party, I spent most of my time visiting with my teacher.  This was us at the party yesterday.


Her name is Marilyn and earlier yesterday I learned that she just found out this week that she has breast cancer.  They've already scheduled the surgery for a double mastectomy for Monday, December 21st.  For all these years, Marilyn has been like another mother to me and it hurt so much to learn of the cancer.  If you would be so kind as to keep Marilyn in your prayers that would mean so much to me!

Well, I'd better get going for now.  My girls are still up since their cousin Breanna is here visiting tonight and I've got to get them ready for bed!  Goodnight everybody!


17 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that picture of you and your teacher. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I think that's so neat that you got to go to the party! Hope the girls had fun with Breanna and I hope you have the best Birthday ever!

{:miss v:} said...

I'm sorry to hear about your teacher, I will definitely be praying for her.

That's so special to have friends like that. The decorations looked pretty!

Stephanie said...

What a fun little get together! I will definitely be praying for your friend.

By the way - I LOVE your new blog layout!

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad you got to spend time with your old friends and your teacher. So sorry to hear of her cancer. I will pray for her. Have a blessed weekend my friend.

Linda said...

Veronica I am so glad that you got to go to the Christmas party with your special friends. I have prayed for Marilyn and I hope they will get all of the cancer and she will live a long life.

I loved her table centerpiece, it was lovely.

Luv ya,
Linda

jules said...

Looks like fun. I love to crochet too.

christy rose said...

I just stopped by to tell you Happy Birthday!!! Your 30's are going to be your best yet!!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Birthday sweet Veronica. Enjoy your day!

Julie said...

That's hilarious that you fell asleep holding your laptop! No that's a true blogger!! LOL!

How fun that you got to go to the Christmas party & that they even threw you a shower awhile back. They must be SO proud of your hat business! So sorry to hear about Marilyn. I will be praying for her.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have the best one yet! :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

She is definitely in my prayers. What a hard time to be going through this.

{:miss v:} said...

Happy Birthday sweet Veronica! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with your family and friends!

Angie said...

Happy Happy Birthday friend!!! I so hope you enjoy your birthday!!

Thanks for your sweet comment - I hope your birthday weekend and week is off to a good start!

How fun that you are still able to get together with your class. I will be thinking & praying for your teacher, I am so sorry to hear that.

Enjoy your birthday!!!!

Jenilee said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are having a WONDERFUL day!! :) I'll be praying for your friend. What a wonderful picture of the two of you. Please let us know how her surgery goes.

amanda said...

what a blessing to still get invited. :) i'd still invite you too. you're pretty cool!! praying for your teacher. what a crazy thing to have to go through. hope your birthday was FABULOUS!!

Stephanie said...

What a cool little party. Kinda like visiting your beginnings :) and of course we all know that your final products are PERFECT!

Holly said...

Those kitchen scrubbies are cute!! Praying for your friend's surgery to go well!

Anonymous said...

Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again - taking you feeds also, Thanks.