Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life...Wedding Dress Edition

Today I'm linking up with Kelly to participate in this week's "Show Us Your Life" theme. Since I love anything that has to do with weddings and/or babies, I thought this would be a fun one to join in on!

My Hubby and I got married in San Luis Obispo, CA on May 25, 2002. We were 21 and 22. (And yes I was the older one if anyone is curious! :) Since we paid for most of our wedding ourself, I was on a budget when it came to my dress. I ended up finding my dress at David's Bridal and I believe I only paid around $300 for it. My dress was super simple, with just a tiny bit of embroidery on the part right below the bust. Looking back, I wish I would have spent more time picking out a dress that I really loved, but maybe somewhere down the road when we renew our vows, I'll be able to pick out something I like better. I've only been married for seven years, but it's just amazing how much my taste has changed from then until now!

One thing I would definitely change if could go back to our wedding was to hire a professional to do our photos. The guy we ended up going with only took pictures on the side, and as a result, we ended up with a ton of amateur quality photos. Here are a couple of pictures that I scanned from our wedding day.


This is a picture of me with my brother-in-laws. Not all of them look as excited as I did, but I really loved the way my dress looked in this picture.

Well, that's pretty much it for my dress! I will definitely look forward to checking out everyone else's dresses and I really hope that Kelly continues on with other show us your wedding stuff. I know flowers and cakes would be super fun to see too! Did I mention I love weddings?

P.S. Sorry for the yucky quality of the pics! :)

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Wow!!! I love your dress.....you looked SO beautiful!!!! I might have to participate in this one too. I love seeing wedding dresses and everything to do with weddings too! I just think you looked absolutely stunning! I like the way the guys are posing too. :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I LOVE the one of you and your brother in laws!! I have a similar one with the groomsmen that I love - I didn't post it, but I'll e-mail it to you later tonight if you're curious :)

Anna Gray said...

Ok, this is my honest opinion about the whole wedding deal.

Personally, the wedding dress is gorgeous, the photos look great, the whole thing looks like fun, and you look very pretty and elegant in every single pic.

You've gotta be kidding about the photos and dress! I think the dress is awesome!!! The pics look very nice too. :0)

Holly said...

You look great! Your dress may be 'simple' but your look fantastic in it!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I loved all your wedding pictures..and your dress was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

I am drawing for two giveaways on Monday...so hope you will stop by.

He & Me + 3 said...

simple is elegance to me. Mine was super simple, but I still love it. Your dress is gorgeous and you look awesome. I am sure hubby's eyes were blinded by your beauty.

Crystal said...

Awww! What a special day!!!

Love the pictures!!! What a beautiful couple... =)

Julie said...

I think the pics look great! We hired a professional & I think our pics suck! I wish I went with someone else too.

You look beautiful & I think your dress looks pretty, not sure why you don't like it! :)

amanda said...

love the pictures. i so wish we would've gone with someone else as well!!
thanks for your kind words to me! i truly feel so blessed by them! i have to email you back one of these days though. ;0) i'm off to shower now. but wanted to check up on you. ;0) oh and i didn't realize we were almost the same age! you're only a few years older than me. we got married in 03 and i was 20. and shaun was 22.

Chris said...

YOUR DRESS IS BEAUTIFUL! This wedding looks so 'sweet'. My husband and I was married by the Judge 18 years ago! $30.50. Now I apologize for 'yucky' pictures, LOL....Your pictures are GREAT compaired to mine! V- you are special and have a wonderful family, pictures mean a lot, but hold on to what you have now and continue to take pictures of your family......