Okay, so I realize that it's been two weeks since Alyssa's birthday party, but I thought I'd finally get to posting about the party today. I know I said I was going to do this yesterday, but of course, time got away from me and for some reason it has been taking me forever to upload pictures onto Blogger. Anyhow, here we go...
Like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, this party was just a little one that we threw here at our house. I am so used to doing all these huge parties for the girls that doing something little like this was so weird. I was feeling so bad for not "going all out" but the budget wasn't very big for this party, and besides that, we just got done celebrating Audrey's 1st Birthday not too long ago. Everything ended up working out really well and we still had a lot of fun without breaking the budget. We ended up having about 10 adults and six kids come to the party. And that wasn't even all the family we have. A few people had other commitments and weren't able to make it.
Here's a picture of the simple decorations I did for the party. I took this picture standing in my kitchen looking into my living room...

Here's another view but this time I was standing in my living room looking into the kitchen...

I had forgotten to post this picture on Alyssa's actual birthday. This was a special little gift we received in the mail from Miss Kristin and her girls, Madison, Kaylee and Lily. Alyssa loved her little puppy!

These are the cupcakes and cake my sister made for the party. I have a Betty Crocker cupcake themed calender and that's where I got the idea for these flower cupcakes. They didn't necessarily go with our Princess theme, but I thought they would be a lot of fun to do anyway.

Here's a close-up of the cupcakes. I didn't buy enough candles to put in the middle of each cupcake. I was so mad that I did that because the candles really add the finishing touch to cupcake. Just in case you're wondering, all the petals are, are just marshmallows cut into slices with sprinkles on top. Pretty cute, huh? Thanks Yvonne for doing them. They turned out so cute!

Here's us singing Happy Birthday to Alyssa. My niece Natalya was right there with her, so I thought it would be fun to light the candle on her cupcake so that she could have some fun blowing out a candle too! I love the look in Natalya's eyes in this picture!!!

Here's Alyssa opening one of her presents. It was one of those lite brite boards. Does anyone else out there remember owning one of those when they were younger? Seeing this one brought back memories of when I was a little girl:)

Here's Alyssa showing off the gold bracelet that her Grandma Sylvia got for her...
Mommy with the Birthday girl...
Miss Audrey walking around with her purse on her arm. Such a girly girl!


Well, that's the recap from Alyssa's fourth birthday party. We all had a fun time, and even though we didn't do anything huge, it still was a great party! Alyssa had an awesome time with the family and got a bunch of fun gifts that she's been enjoying over the past couple of weeks. She's a very blessed girl!

Auntie Ver and Miss Talya...

And lastly, me and my mom. I had to crop my sister out, since she still refuses to make a cameo here on my blog. Maybe one day she'll change her mind!


Well, that's the recap from Alyssa's fourth birthday party. We all had a fun time, and even though we didn't do anything huge, it still was a great party! Alyssa had an awesome time with the family and got a bunch of fun gifts that she's been enjoying over the past couple of weeks. She's a very blessed girl!
Well, it's Friday already and tomorrow is finally the Fourth of July! Yay! I am so excited about that and today I'm working on getting everything ready that we'll need for the beach tomorrow. I also need to find a couple of t-shirts for the girls to wear tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!
Hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend!!!


7 comments:
Oh she's such a darling!! And those cupcakes...MMMMMMmmmm...they look awesome! I just spent all day making cupcakes for the fourth! : )
Happy 4th!!
Veronica-
I found your site through "and I will praise you in this storm". I'm new to the blogging scene but just wanted to tell you how much I love your site. I'm planning on learning to crochet this Summer to make blankets for Threads of Love. They make tiny blankets for babies that are born too early and don't make it. We lost a baby boy last year after only 25 days. We received a different type of blanket but I treasure it. If we are ever blessed with another baby (we've been trying for a while) I will definitely order one of your hats! Lots of love, Trisha
Everything looked so cute! That's the kind of party we'll be having for Lily this year. I like those kind of parties. The cupcakes were really cute! It looks like she had a lot of fun :)
Hope you have fun at the beach tomorrow!
The whole theme was so adorable, organized, and...down right girly! Who wouldn't love a party like that? Alyssa is so cute! She seems so happy. :0)
Those cupcakes are fabulous! I totally may steal that idea. Just gorgeous.
What a sweet party. She looks so happy!
Those cupcakes look cool!!!!! What an awesome day....looks like lots of fun. Seriously who can't have fun with cupcakes and presents :)
How fun!! I was away from the internet all weekend and am just now getting caught up. Those cupcakes are so adorable!! Where did you get the cupcake holder? I've been looking for good tiered one like that.
Post a Comment