Monday, May 4, 2009

Introducing...Sew Inspired by Baby

Alright! It's Monday again and I have soooo much to share this week! I didn't have much of a chance to get on the computer this weekend and I seriously think I was having withdrawals from not being able to blog!!! I realllly need help with this addiction of mine!!!

Anyhow, last week I had the privilege of introducing to you my good friend Kristin's online boutique called Summer Suzette Couture. This week, I would like to introduce to you to another awesome Mom-based business. It's my friend Stephanie's Etsy shop and it's called Sew Inspired by Baby. I have a link to her shop on my sidebar, so maybe a few of you have already had the opportunity to check it out.



If you haven't already had the chance to visit Stephanie's shop, let me tell you a little bit about it. Stephanie has a passion for sewing. What's more, she has a special place in her heart for cloth diapering, which is how she actually got started with everything. If you or someone you know cloth diapers, you should check out the cloth diapers she makes and sells in her shop.

Another awesome thing she makes and sells in her shop are the cutest nursing covers. I fell in love with this one when I first saw it. I would have totally ordered one but my nursing days with Audrey will be coming to an end in the next couple of months here. Maybe I'll get one from her next time! I have recently found out that she's actually sold this particular nursing cover, but what is so cool about her shop is that you can place custom orders for things you like in her shop. She has a variety of patterns to choose from, so if you see something you like in her shop, but are interested in a different pattern than you see, you can place a custom order request (A convo) and she'll email you the different options available.




Which brings me to the next thing. A couple of weeks ago, as I was visiting her shop, I noticed that she also makes the cutest little taggie blankets for babies. At that time, she only offered a small 12" x 12" blankie for smaller babies. I asked her if she could make them in a bigger size so that I could get one for my Audrey. She said she could definitely do that. I even mentioned to her the colors that I was interested in. Since the blankie is something I wanted for Audrey to be able to snuggle with in bed, I thought it would be fun to have it match her nursery.

Here's a picture of her crib. You'll notice that the color scheme is sherbety tones...yellow, raspberry, and orange. It also has a touch of brown on the trim.



To give you a better idea, here's the matching quilt that I have hanging in her room.



Stephanie was able to find EXACTLY what I had in mind, and what was so cool was that she didn't even see these pictures of Audrey's nursery. I placed the order and waited anxiously for the arrival of Audrey's blankie.

And then...I went to check my mail this weekend, and look what we got?




Isn't it so cute and such a perfect match? I almost died. I love it so much and so does Audrey! She immediately started snuggling with it.


Here's a close-up. You can also see that the other side is a solid yellow color, which exactly matches the way that the outside of her crib bumber is made! Too cool!


Well, I am so excited to be able to share Stephanie's shop with you guys today. I am so happy with our blankie, and I know you'd also love anything you order from her. Be sure to visit Stephanie's Etsy's shop and check out all the great things she's made. You can even stop by her blog to say hi.


Thanks so much Stephanie! We just love our blankie! You are awesome!


P.S. Did anyone notice the "V" favicon next to my url? Isn't that pretty nifty? My fabulous blog designer, Julie, did that for me this weekend. It's the littlest things that bring the smile to my face!

UPDATE 5/30/09: Stephanie is no longer able to sell the taggie blankets like the one I posted about here. Be sure to check out her site for other cute items for baby.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, I love the "V"!! Too cool!!

I love the taggie blanket too....it's perfect! I was laughing when I saw you had her quilt hanging up.....I did the same thing with my girls' crib quilts! Great minds think alike!

Stephanie said...

Wow - it really does match perfectly with your nursery colors! I'm so excited that I found such a perfect fabric for you! Thanks so much for posting about my shop - it's blogging friends like you and Kristin that give me the extra motivation and encouragement to make my business a success. You're the best!