Saturday, April 25, 2009

Freaking Out...In a Good Way

The last two days have been pretty laid back. I haven't really had much to say lately. It's a pretty rare moment when I'm speechless, so I hope everyone enjoyed the moment while it lasted!

This morning, my Hubby, the girls and I went out to breakfast. The girls usually eat breakfast no later than eight o'clock every morning, but we thought it would be fun to get out and do something different today. By the time I had everyone dressed and ready to get out the door it was already 10:00 a.m., and we were all starving even with the help of a few Cherrios. I totally had my camera with me to take a few pictures, but then I chickened out. My Hubby thinks I'm crazy now that I blog and turn every moment into a potential blog post. I'm such a nerd...I know! Sorry I don't have any pictures to prove that we do indeed get out of the house!

This afternoon was pretty quiet. After I put the girls down for their afternoon nap (They took one at the same time today...so cool!), I decided to go outside and help my Hubby with our front yard. That's a post for another day...but let me just say that we have lived in this house for 16 months and our yard still needs a lot of help. It didn't help that when we bought the house, it was a foreclosure home and needed a lot of work, especially with the landscaping. ANYHOW...after only about 30 minutes I was already bored. I am not really an outdoorsy type of girl, and I hate getting all dirty, so I decided to go back inside and do the stuff I'm used to doing...laundry, cleaning the bathroom, etc.

Later in the afternoon, I decided to take a peek out the window to see how my Hubby was doing and it was perfect timing because I saw the mailman drive up in his little van and hand my Hubby a package. I ran outside right then and asked him who it was from. I have been expecting a few packages lately, so I was antsy to see who it was from.

Turns out, the package was from my very best blogging friend, Kristin! She is in the process of starting her own business, so I ordered a few things from her. I was not expecting her package until next week, so I was so anxious to open it up and see what was inside. Her online boutique, called Summer Suzette Couture, will be about all things girly...from onesies, to baby tees, to tutus. She's even thinking about throwing in a few hair bows. When she mentioned to me that she makes bows, I asked her if she would make a few for my girls. When I opened up the package I was so excited to see so many cute things. I was blown away by how talented she is!!!
Don't you just love the way these hairbows are packaged?
Here's Alyssa wearing one of her new bows. This is something totally new to us, because here in California we don't wear a lot of hairbows, like y'all do in the south. Did I just say y'all?
Here's another cute set for Audrey...
This is a close-up of the bow Alyssa is wearing in the picture from above.
And here's another one. Kristin actually featured this one on her blog yesterday. When I saw it I just fell in love with it. Right then, I wished that I would have asked her to make the girls one with brown, because I loved this one so much. Little did I know, this one was for us!!! How cool was that!
Here's another awesome bow for my Alyssa. Alyssa specifically requested a yellow bow and she got one. This one is just perfect!
And here is a picture of a necklace that Kristin made for me. I can't guarantee that this will be something that she'll be selling in her boutique, because it's more of a private collection item. This is a necklace just like I saw on her blog when I first met her a couple of months ago. She had made one for her SIL who was expecting her first baby. I asked her if she could make me one just like it with my girls' names on it. I just love this so much. (For the record, Kristin, my Hubby saw it and said..."She made that? That's awesome!" You know that's a big deal when a guy who wants nothing to do with girly stuff thought something girly was awesome!) This necklace is something that I will cherish for a long time!
After I got done opening up everything like a little girl at Christmas time, I tried to take a few pictures of my girls in their new hair bows. Here's Audrey...
And here's Audrey again. I had to get a little help from Daddy to hold her up so that I could finally get a picture. It's a little blurry, but I tried. I didn't have as much luck with Alyssa, as you could tell from the picture from earlier. She was too busy playing to let me get a good picture! Maybe next time.
Well, this is just a taste of what's to come with Kristin's new business. I am so happy to call her my friend, and I know her business is going to be so successful. Be sure to stop by her blog and say hi. You'll want to check back with her in the next few weeks as she's getting ready to launch this awesome new business of hers...

Love ya, Kristin. Thanks so much for all the goodies. You really made my day!

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun day and to top it off with a present in the mail. Nothing better than that. The girls look so cute in their bows.

Kristin said...

Awwww! You are just too good to me, Veronica! Thank you so much for being so supportive and encouraging!!! I think the girls looked so super cute wearing their hair bows! I love that picture of Audrey......she's so sweet!

I was laughing about Fernando! Tell him thank you so much for the compliment! LOL! I was laughing because I'm always telling Morgan, "isn't this so cute?" and he's always like "I don't really understand the word 'cute'" Ha!!

I can't believe the package got there so fast! That's amazing and I'm so excited that you didn't have to wait all week for it!

Ha, ha.....you totally said "y'all"!! I'm going to have you talking with a Southern accent before you know it! LOL :)

Love ya!!!
Kristin

Stephanie said...

Those are all adorable!!!! She's very talented!

Crystal said...

Very cute! And we do love hair bows here in the south. Just might have found a new place to buy Miss Brenna and Bentley some bows! YAY!

Stephanie said...

SO cute! I LOVE the brown bow, but my daughter has VERY little hair so far! Haha! Your girls are absolutely adorable, Veronica!

Linda said...

Yes Veronica,..your sista is talented,...and so are you sweetie!

Love you both,
Adopted Mom/ Linda