Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally...Thankful Thursday

I can't believe that the day is nearly over. Can you all believe that it's already the last day of April? Normally I like to do my posts way earlier in the day, but I just didn't get the chance to do much blogging today.

Our morning started out with my SIL Isabel coming over to visit the girls. She lives here in town, but she hadn't gotten the chance to visit with them in a while. It was great getting to have company since we haven't been out much this week. The girls haven't been feeling well, so I've been trying to get them better before we go out in public again. Today was the last Storytime session at the Library for Alyssa, but I just didn't have the heart to take the girls there, knowing that they haven't been well. I just hate knowing that I could be responsible for getting other people's kids sick. I told my SIL about the girls being under the weather but she still wanted to come visit them anyway. That was so nice of her. The girls had a good time visiting with their Auntie.

Not long after Isabel left, my sister Yvonne came over with my niece Natalya. Natalya spent a couple of hours with us while my sister went to an afternoon class that she takes. I am so proud of my sister Yvonne because she is working really hard in school. She has been attending our local junior college and she is going to school to become a Nurse. I know she'll do well in that field because she is a real people person. She is a beautiful person on the inside and out and I am very blessed to have her both as a sister and friend!

Well, today is/was supposed to be the next edition of Thankful Thursday. To be honest with you, I was having a tough time figuring out what I was thankful for today. This week has been a bit frustrating because I haven't been as productive as I'd like to be. The girls being under the weather hasn't helped me with getting things done around here either. This morning I woke up with a ton of things to complain about and very little came to mind for things I could be thankful for. When my Hubby came home from work today, I told him about how I was feeling. I complained about not getting things done like I had wanted to, and complained a little more about the fact that the kids have been sick, yet again. He reminded me that I should at least be thankful that we have children in the first place. And I think at that moment I realized just how ungrateful I've been today.

I'm sure all of you know that this week is NIAW (National Infertility Awareness Week). I have been touched by the posts I've been reading from two of my blogging friends this week. Both Tiffany and Melissa have been a blessing to me and I feel honored to be a part of their journey through infertility. Reading their blogs has made me realize just how blessed I am to be a Mom. It is truly a gift that should not be taken lightly. Before I started blogging, I had no clue just how many women out there struggle with infertility. These two ladies have really opened my eyes to see what it's like to be walking in the shoes of a woman who desires to just be a Mommy. I am believing in faith for these girls and their miracles. We serve a BIG God!

Another thing I am thankful for today is all of you out there. Although I really have no clue who reads this blog of mine, you are all special and important in this journey of mine. Thank you, thank you to all of you who left me a comment yesterday with suggestions for scriptures to put on my hat labels. You gave me sooooo many wonderful and awesome ideas. That was such a big help...you don't even know! There were a ton of great suggestions, but to me, it seemed like a tie between the suggestions that Laurie ( a new commenter-yeah!) and Mimi both left for me. I love the suggestions that Laurie gave--from the scriptures themselves to the idea of rotating different scriptures. I also loved the scriptures that Mimi suggested. They both talked about knitting, and although I crochet, I really like how they tied in with the whole theme of things. Since I did promise a special thanks to the person who's idea I went with, I think it would be fair to give both Laurie and Mimi a free hat of their choice. What do you think? Ladies...I will get with you soon and by next week when my hat blog has the new color choices up, you can let me know what style/size/color you'd like. Sound okay?

Well, I know I've carried on a bit today, but I just want to leave you with a couple of pictures of my two little blessings. I thank God for them every single day!!!

Notice the beautiful hair bow that my baby girl is wearing? It was made by my super talented best blogging bud Kristin. If you haven't already checked out her new online boutique, Summer Suzette Couture, you're really missing out. She's been adding a bunch of super cute new hair accessories these past couple of days. There are all soooo cute! Be sure to go check it out!

Also... Did you notice Alyssa wearing her new Bentley Bracelets in this picture? We got them in the mail yesterday and we just love them! If you would also like to show your support for Baby Bentley and her family, you can go here to do so. Talk to everyone later. I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday!!!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry that you were feeling down today. I have days like that too. I hope tomorrow is a better day. I'm glad you found some great ideas for your tags. I know they are going to minister to so many people! Your business was built from faith in Jesus, and that's an awesome thing!

You are so sweet to mention my business again! Audrey looks so precious with her bow! And I loved the ponytail holders in Alyssa's hair too. I noticed her bracelets immediately....you know how I love those colors! Your girls are so precious!

I will pray that tomorrow is a more productive day, that the girls and you are all feeling better, and that it turns out to be a really great day for you!

Love ya!
Kristin

Crystal said...

Hey girl! Love this post and love the pictures of your beautiful girls! They are darling!!!

..and look, Bentley's bracelets.. love it. Do you mind if I use that picture on my blog? I am going to do a post Sat. of everyone that has sent pictures wearing their bracelets. Then I want to link the picture back to their blog.

Crystal said...

ps.. and I hope you get to feeling better. I will be praying for you!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Veronica,

I love the music you have playing on your blog...just beautiful!
I know some days are like thatfor me too...hard to find our Thankful hearts. One lesson that I am trying to learn myself and teach my kids is to be content and thankful in every situation. To find the good in everything. Stress, sickness, lack of sleep can really try & steal our joy as mothers. I too often let that happen. But, then I remember...there is always something to be thankful for. I loved your thankful heart today.
You are a sweetie!
I visited Bentley's site. I will be praying for her.
Thanks for the link.
Great pictures of the girls.
Hugs,
Mimi

MamaBird Jentes said...

Hi again,

So glad you liked my ideas. :-> You may not have put this together, but I'm the Laurie that ordered a "Harper hat" for my Gracie a few weeks back.

Anyhoo, I hope you're having a better day today!

Happy weekend!
Laurie