So, since I've been so caught up in hatland this week, I haven't given much thought to getting ready for Easter. Since we hadn't been attending church up until just recently, I haven't had to think about planning for traditional Easter outfits for us for the last two years. Well, this year is different. I found this dress for Alyssa at Target the other day. I think it will be really cute.

As for Audrey, I have several choices considering that she got about 10 new dresses for her Birthday! I have narrowed it down to three, but I am still not sure which one I like best. Here are my choices ( in no particular order).
Dress #1

Dress #2

Dress #3

As for my outfit, I totally hadn't given that any thought at all. I hate shopping for clothes for myself. Clothes for the girls, that's a different story. I am not exactly a small girl, so shopping really isn't all that much fun to me. I especially can't stand what's happenened in the tummy area after having two kids. I even laugh when I think about that because one time recently Alyssa and I were getting ready to take our shower and she saw me looking at my "rolls" in the mirror. She asked me what was wrong. I told her that after I had her and her sister, my whole tummy just went, "blehh," and I made this motion with my hands to emphasize how I felt about the sagging going on doing in my tummy area. She thought that was hysterical! At bedtime that same night, she repeated the whole story back to me and said, "Mommy, after you had me and sis, did everything just go "blehh?" It was practically on the floor laughing so hard, I almost thought I was going to pee my pants.
Well, I am still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear. That's one of the things on my To-Do List. As for Audrey's dress, maybe a few of you out there can lend a hand and suggest which dress you like best. We've already had the discussion about my trouble with being indecisive, so any help is appreciated! I have lots more posting to do today to catch up on the other days I didn't blog this week, so I will be back later! Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOTHER-IN-LAW, SYLVIA. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Also...Don't you just love the new song playing? It totally speaks to me and I can feel the Lord's presence every single time I listen to it!
SATURDAY 4/11 UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who left me a comment with which dress you liked the best for Audrey to wear for Easter. I think it's safe to say that we all agree that dress #1 was the favorite. I've decided to go with that one, so now today's mission is to find what I will be wearing! Happy Easter everybody!!!
8 comments:
LOL! I'm so with you there on not wanting to shop and not liking the whole tummy area anymore! I was passing through the mall the other day to get Kaylee some shoes and I saw a dress I liked and it actually fit, so I got really lucky about that to wear for Easter!
I am laughing about Audrey's dresses, because Lily had that same dress #3 last year!! I think dress #1 would look really pretty with Alyssa's dress for pictures because it looks like they compliment each other, but they are all beautiful and I love them all, so no matter which you choose, it will be great!
You should've seen us trying to figure out what to pick. I was trying to get dresses for all of them that wouldn't totally clash in a picture! Ha! Then, I was like, lets just get whatever we can find that actually fits because Momma is tired! ha!
Don't you just love how any little thing out of the ordinary is an adventure for the girls? I love that they were excited to get out in their PJ's! That's so fun! And McDonald's is always a winner at our house too!
I love all three dresses! I'm no help! I don't have girls though, so I drool over all things girly. Who cares about what boys wear.
I agree that the first dress would go with Alyssa's dress, but they are all adorable. Lucky the weather is warm there. Here in AR it will be cold. The news is saying in the 60s and raining. So much for outside easter pics. Hope yall have a good one
Hi Veronica, I just got back from our antiquing trip and I saw that you had given me an award. Thanks so much sweetie!
I like dress #1 (:>)
I love that you and Kristin are good buddies. We all need friends.
I see she liked dress #1 the best too. (Each of them are cute!)
I am from Southern Calif. and I lived there until I was 25. Then I moved to Colorado for 3 years and then to Kansas, and I have been here in Kansas for about 30 years now. I love Calif. weather, but I have learned to love Kansas. And now it is really my home.
I never dreamed life would bring me to Kansas. I guess none of us really know what our future holds do we? BUT, we do know WHO holds the future!!! And He takes such good care of us always!
Have a great Easter. "Because He lives we can face tomorrow!"
Aren't you glad we serve a risen Savior? Hallelujah!
Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits (:>)
I like #1. It would go great with her oldest sister's dress.
I really like the first dress!!!! So adorable!
Hope you have luck finding clothes...I can definitely understand how you feel about your body..after pushing 4 our mine has seen its day!
I too hate shopping for myself. Not so much fun anymore...after having 3. Don't look as firm as I used to. LOL
I like dress 2 the best, but to coordinate with sisters I say number 1.
I do love the song playing...just beautiful.
All those baby dresses are just awesome!! Floral printed and dots fabric dresses are best for spring time!!
Post a Comment