It's birthday countdown time here at our house. Only two days left until Audrey turns one. I am so excited!!! I've been busy tackling the Birthday Party To-Do list, and after today, I feel like I'm actually making some progress.
During naptime today I was able to start working on the tags I'll be attaching to the favors I'm making for the adults at the party. I will be sure to talk more about that later on in the week, because it's something I've done since Alyssa's 1st birthday and I think it makes such a fun addition to a party!
Later in the afternoon I took my mom to the eye doctor. She was having her eyes dilated, and I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of her driving herself home after her appointment. Since that was the only thing they were going to be doing for her today, we knew that her appointment wouldn't take long. Armed with my To-Do List and my girls, the race was on to cram as much as we could get done in just 4o minutes. I made it to the first store, where I bought some party supplies and treats for the goody bags. Then we were off to the Pharmacy. Just about every time I go there, the line is at least five people long. Talk about favor, because when we got there, there was just one person in line, and they were just about done when we walked up to the counter! The guy at the counter was even nice enough to give Alyssa some stickers, and of course, that made her happy. After that, we rushed on over to the next stop and ordered the cake for the party on Saturday. Because of the fact that I'm such an indecisive person, the job of picking out flavors, fillings, decorations is normally monumental. Due to the fact that I was in a hurry today, I was actually able to make all of the cake decisions rather quickly. I walked away feeling proud of myself!!!
I know today might have seemed like just an ordinary day to some, but with two small kids it's always a challenge to get things done. I actually accomplished something today! Three things down, 50 more to go!!! Oh, the life of a mom...so many things to do, so little time!
Oh yeah, before I go, just thought I'd ask a question today. Does anyone out there with small kids have trouble adjusting to the time change? We're still working on it and I know its going to take at least a week to feel normal again. Am I the only one who struggles with this? How can just one little hour make such a big difference???
1 comment:
We have been talking about that time change alot around here! Luckily, the girls have Spring Break this week, so it isn't as bad as having to get up for school. It really does affect us badly!!
I understand completely about how just running simple errands is a major accomplishment with small kids. Just getting them in and out of the car is tiring and time-consuming, then you have to keep them entertained and hope they behave while you're doing whatever it is you have to do. And it seems mine have about a 2 hour limit, so after that, I might as well go home because nothing I do is going to be productive once they start getting tired and cranky!
I am the same way as you.....if I can do several productive things with the kids in tow, I feel like I have conquered the world that day! LOL
Post a Comment