So I'll admit it...today is one of those days where I'm just a little frustrated. I love being home with my children, and there's no place I'd rather be, but shoot, I just wish I felt a little more accomplished. I get to thinking about my prebaby, working days where I had set tasks that had to be completed and I felt good when I was able to check something off my list. But obviously the life of a SAHM is completely different. It seems that everywhere I look there are toys left out where I thought I had just put them up, dishes piling up again and laundry that doesn't seem to get done no matter how many loads a day I do. I guess today I'm also irritated that even after weeks of my kids being sick and then getting better, there's something new trying to creep in. Last night, Audrey started getting a little fever and has still not been feeling like herself today. And then Alyssa started with a little cough today. I have spent the majority of my day, walking around my house trying to clean up and just praying. It seems that the enemy is out to get us, and I'm sensing spiritual warfare like you wouldn't believe. After all that it took to get us to church yesterday, it seems like the devil is still trying to pick a fight with me.
It's days like this that I have to remind myself that I'm a child of God and that I'm more than a conqueror through Him. I was listening to the radio on my computer a little while ago, and the song by Francesca Battistelli came on called, "Free to be Me." I was listening to the words and I just love the part that says, "...and I've already won the battle and you've got big plans for me." Today I have to remind myself of that.
Also...I know I've asked for help from you guys in the past, but this new blog life of mine has become more about Veronica or hats, it's about you all. Sharing about the Lord, offering encouragement, and sharing ideas. So that's why today I'm going to ask for some more help if you all don't mind. And this time its not about music, which by the way, I'm still checking out all of the suggestions that were given. Thank you again for those!
Today I would like to know...does anyone have any great recipes that they can share for quick and easy dinners? I've kinda fallen into a rut, and the same old tacos and spaghetti every week are getting a little old. I need some new inspiration. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would so appreciate it!!!
1 comment:
I have days like those too, Veronica. Before my Mom died, I worked full-time and loved it. Then when she passed away, I quit my job to stay home with the girls and it has been so different and sometimes hard to adjust to. I was so used to having an outside identity, friends at work, challenges to accomplish. So, I understand! I think your business will help in a lot of ways to make you feel accomplished. By the way, did you see Kelly's blog and the cover of the magazine Harper was on? I was so excited that she was wearing your hat!! Precious! I also am trying to get a business started by making baby things, so please pray for me that I'm able to get it going! Hope everyone in your house feels better soon! I will pray for you!!
Post a Comment